2008 Presidential Candidates Comparison ( Side By side)... DOn't know what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valabdalnabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
and your happy he cheated on his wife?

I will ask that if you quote me, don't make your remarks inside the quote, I would rather not have people thinking I wrote those things =)

im new to this forum so sorry for commenting in your quote......and did i ever say i was happy he cheated on his wife....please get a life. i actually really feel bad for her.

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by valabdalnabi
oh and you swear too..your so classy.
Look I never said I am basing my vote on that. Thats the problem with you all. You love to mind read. I can vote for whoever i want...CLEAR??? For what ever reasons I want...CLEAR???? This post is originally about a fraudulent email sent out to distort peoples opinions on the political pick. GET LOST!
yahoo.gif

This post was intended to allow us to learn from each other, to have mature discussions and to gain knowledge about both parties. You posted a very helpful response ( ONE VERY helpful one). Acting childish discredits your argument. People would be more apt to listen to you if you presented your responses in a more tactful way. We are always happy to have debates here, thats what the deep thought forum is for.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertina
I just wanted to highlight this. Because this is one of the most selfish things I've ever seen written IN MY LIFE. I read it five times just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

Why is it selfish for me to want my hard-earned tax dollars to be spent in a responsible manner?

I never said that entitlement programs on the whole are bad...they're bad when the government refuses to fix the problems in the current system and then wants to add yet another government program to the mix. Why is it that the Democrats seem to think that the fix for every problem is a social program?

I *love* when statements are taken out of context.

BTW...both my parents and my FIL are on SSI Disability, and I'm quite thankful that it is there for those who truly need it.

SkylarV217

Quote:
im new to this forum and it was a mistake...not that I seriously wanted to make my remark in yours......GOD FORBID....and did i ever say i was happy he cheated on his wife....please get a life. i actually really feel bad for her.

The little dancing smilie face must have mislead me....

valabdalnabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarV217
This post was intended to allow us to learn from each other, to have mature discussions and to gain knowledge about both parties. You posted a very helpful response ( ONE VERY helpful one). Acting childish discredits your argument. People would be more apt to listen to you presented your responses in a more tactful way. We are always happy to have debates here, thats what the deep thought forum is for.

...and thats exactly what we are doing. I sense some hostility on you and anothers part. I don't appreciate being sworn at. To me that is ultimatley childish. I don't have time for that.

Shimmer

Quote:
Look I never said I am basing my vote on that. Thats the problem with you all. You love to mind read. I can vote for whoever i want...CLEAR??? For what ever reasons I want...CLEAR???? This post is originally about a fraudulent email sent out to distort peoples opinions on the political pick. GET LOST!
yahoo.gif

I do swear. And?

Telling me to 'get lost' is just funny.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
im just setting strait the question of this topic ....the original post is about an email that was being sent to people...and now we all know this information was false and have the proof to show it....thats all. I have the right to make some kind of judgement when it comes to the decision of picking a US president, naturally.

Thanks, what would we have done if you hadn't come along 8 PAGES LATER and set us all straight?

Quote:
yahoo.gif

Attitude much? Telling Shimmer to get lost? You don't know much about this place, do you?

Quote:
...and thats exactly what we are doing. I sense some hostility on you and anothers part. I don't appreciate being sworn at. To me that is ultimatley childish. I don't have time for that.

Your ridiculous, incoherent and error riddled posts are the childish ones.

Seriously, don't think you've brought some kind of sanity to a post full of chaos. You've addressed nothing that hasn't already been gone over and injected your own brand of nonsensical rhetoric.

SkylarV217

Calling us Hostile when you came in with a first post riddled with hostility,

Quote:
( me and my husband are both college educated ...he is an engineer and Im a nurse...and we dont make over 250k!

You may be a nurse, and your Husband may be an engineer, you may both be college educated, but this does not give you any insight into my families financial future. You have no clue what I will be earning. Yes I am aware that this was added after my comment about not wanting MY money to go to others.... Even if I weren't concerned about my own money , It's wrong to expect people that work to give up such a substantial part of their income simply b/c they have more....

Quote:
.SO McCain supporters quit lying....PEOPLE BE CAREFUL...its so wrong for people to post lies for their candidates political gains!!!!

calling McCain more supporters liars, more importantly calling supporters in this thread liars? That's based upon what ?

Quote:
married her for his political gain...just like he chose Palin ( who thinks shes running for miss america)-haha....goodness..and shes a whole differnet chapter.

Quote:
..i actually read and researched...and am proud to have made the wise decision for Obama ..

Believe it or not many of us have researched too, actually done quite a bit of research, if you would have bothered to read the rest of the thread you might know that

Quote:
He will bring us the CHANGE that we all need.

I can guarantee you I and several others want nothing to do with the change he would bring. Don't assume you know what is best for everyone.

Quote:
does it tell you something that more educated people are voting for obama?

Now imply that people planning to vote for McCain are not educated... Nice.

That paired with you telling a MODERATOR to "GET LOST", telling me to get a life b/c i didn't want to be associated with your rudeness. You came into this thread and spewed out lots of hostility and expect us to allow you to treat us like we are ignorant..... No thanks

Quote:

I never once swore at you, i never made a comment telling you to "get a life" or "get lost". I choose to conduct my conversations in a mature manner... I believe it was childish to jump into a thread and cause drama....

troll.gif

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
fight.gif
troll.gif

Hello??????? New poster, hostile, first comments in this thread.....Let it go....

=) I had looked for this one
troll.gif
to put at the end of of my post, but i couldn't find it.

rbella

^^^ya, sorry. It was just becoming kinda obvious what the deal was and you started a great original post; I don't think it is fair to you or anyone else who is trying to have a rational conversation about this to have to deal with stupidity.

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
Why is it selfish for me to want my hard-earned tax dollars to be spent in a responsible manner?

Cause health care for people struggling, children or anyone else that needs help...thats not responsible right? Thats a hand out?

Quote:
I *love* when statements are taken out of context.

BTW...both my parents and my FIL are on SSI Disability, and I'm quite thankful that it is there for those who truly need it.

Please, show me *WHAT* context your statement would be acceptable? Only rich people get to have health care? The poor be damned?

Ahhhh yes, those who 'truly need it'. But the kids...they don't need it, right? Or the single mom working two jobs?

As for me, I just *LOVE* how *EVERYONE* on welfare or any type of public assistance is generalized as a lazy good-for-nothing. It must help people sleep at night, or something.

rbella

Quote:
As for me, I just *LOVE* how *EVERYONE* on welfare or any type of public assistance is generalized as a lazy good-for-nothing. It must help people sleep at night, or something.

I don't believe that at all. I think that is a huge generalization. Much like the generalization that all the "rich" people in the world are "evil" and "heartless" and "don't care about the poor".

I think that there is, unfortunately, a large population of people who do abuse the system. That is a problem and I do not appreciate my money going to pay for them. I have zero problem helping out those who are actually in need. But, I am not keen on my tax dollars going to someone who milks the system for food stamps, medicaid, welfare, etc. and then spends every single dime they have trying to keep a certain type of "lifestyle" that they cannot afford. I see it daily, it pisses me off and I am not happy about paying for them because they feel that they got dealt a "bad hand" in life.

I will not feel guilty about being hugely offended when someone is pulling money out of their bra at MAC to pay for hundreds of dollars of makeup, then getting onto the Metro bus, taking it to Kroger, pulling out an assload of food stamps and buying a thick ass steak for dinner with my money. If that makes me an asshole, so be it. But, I scratch, scrape and save every friggin' penny to make sure I can retire and not have to rely on others.

I would have no problem with handing out a large wad of cash to a single mom of two who wasn't throwing her money away at the mall, the club or at the liquor store and needed to buy some diapers. That is someone who needs help. Not the dickhead down the street with 10 gold chains around his neck, sitting outside at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, leaning on his beamer, selling dope to the next door neighbor's child and then bitching because I have it better off. Hell no.

SkylarV217

^^^^ I completely agree...

I know there are people that Need the system and I'm glad it is there for those people, but half the time the people in need can't even seem to qualify. Typically b/c of the people that take advantage of the system.

They government help programs need reformation! Not for us to throw more money at them. Lets reform and monitor and then see who is left. If there is not enough money within the system then I would happily pay more in taxes.

As for government healthcare, i think its wonderful in theory. I would fully support an optional system. For those that need it and they would be able to afford it, but i also think people should be able to opt out for private insurance without being forced to pay for both. ( once again reform the system and it should be fine)

Our State has a healthcare for children and for "uninsurable" the problem is is seems only the doctors that can't get patients on their own accept it... Leaving a very poor standard of care for those that receive this insurance. Just like TriCare. This country should do far more for its Veterans, Military, teachers, firemen, police officers ( all those state employees). The system would be fine it were managed more efficiently.

I truly believe all humans are entitled to a certain standard of care , I just don't think it should be FORCED upon everyone.

kimmy

Quote:
Only rich people get to have health care? The poor be damned?

i'm not rich by any means. i'm actually making just enough to slide in slightly over the poverty line...but i have health insurance...i have it because i work for it.

i don't think anyone is saying only the rich deserve health care, i think the point most of us are trying to get across is that it isn't fair to charge us to take care of someone else, especially when most of them are getting the assisstance fraudulently.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
nonono.gif
****Obama will continue to exempt the first 250,000 dollar profit of a home sale (500,00 would be exempted from married couples). This is info from factcheck.org and
Tax Policy Center: Urban Institute and Brookings Institution. “A Preliminary Analysis of the 2008 Presidential Candidates’ Tax Plans,” 20 June 2008. Once again people making stuff up for their candidates political gains.

Still sounds shitty.

So my grandmother, who bought her House in the 50s for 10,000 dollars, Which is now worth around 800,000 dollars. Looks like she is S.O.L.

Look People shouldn't be punished for being successful. Ever , its only incentive to be lazy because working your ass off isn't going to get you much.

Also I find Factcheck.org highly Biased.

red

Maybe its your parents, or grandparents. The folks that bought that little house for $30K way back when, struggled all their lives ... and now they're retired, ready to move to Florida ... yeah the house happens to be in a really sweet neighborhood and now its worth $500,000 ....

what do you think will happen when they sell their homes?

mind you these folks, living on Social Security will be affected as well ....

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
i don't think anyone is saying only the rich deserve health care, i think the point most of us are trying to get across is that it isn't fair to charge us to take care of someone else, especially when most of them are getting the assisstance fraudulently.

*MOST* are getting it fraudulently? MOST?! You wanna talk about generalizations, thats a *HUGE* one, right here.

Also, rbella, you've physically seen the same woman 'pull money out of her bra' at MAC and then buy groceries with food stamps? If so, thats fine. That woman should have to deal with some kind of repercussions. If not, thats another pretty big generalization to make.

No one is 'being punished' for being successful. But when you benefit from 'the system' for your entire life, shouldn't you give back to it in the same proportion to your level of success?

No one gets to cherry-pick where their taxes go. As I said before, I don't want MY money going to abstinence-only sex ed, school vouchers for religious private schools or the war in Iraq. So lets pretend YOUR money goes to those things and MY money goes to woman 'pulling money out of her bra' at MAC.

rbella

Perhaps you should spend about a week where I live. Yes, actually, I have seen that woman. And I have seen those situations on more than one occasion.

When people cry that the government should help them, they are basically saying that "I" should help them. The money the government gives them doesn't just magically come from the air, it comes from my pocket. And, I'd be more than happy to contribute fairly across the board to issues that were important to you as well. Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. So, I am telling you where I would prefer my money spent. That is all. And, no I don't want it on abstinence-only sex-ed, etc. I'd prefer it to go to teachers, increasing funding for education, the military and some type of healthcare plan that is beneficial to people without debilitating us.

And, just to be clear. The government didn't help me get to where I am today, that is for sure. So, no, I don't feel an obligation to help them out based on any proportionate value. I didn't take shit from the government. All the government did was take from me to give to others. Even when I didn't have it to give. So, please forgive me for being annoyed with the process.

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
Perhaps you should spend about a week where I live. Yes, actually, I have seen that woman. And I have seen those situations on more than one occasion.

Perhaps you shouldn't make assumptions. I've lived in Houston. And there is abuse of public assistance...but to say *MOST* people on public assistance, around the entire country, 'abuse the system'?! That is gross generalization of most dangerous kind.

Quote:
And, just to be clear. The government didn't help me get to where I am today, that is for sure. So, no, I don't feel an obligation to help them out based on any proportionate value. I didn't take shit from the government. All the government did was take from me to give to others. Even when I didn't have it to give. So, please forgive me for being annoyed with the process.

You didn't attend public school? You don't drive on roads? Ever have a student loan? Attend an afterschool program? Have reduced healthcare services? Visit Texas Workforce? Use unemployment benefits? Call 911?

We *ALL* use the government in some way, every day of our lives. We all benefit from it. Unless you live off the grid on a mountain in Montana, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.