MAC - Hello Kitty and Kitty Kouture Discussion Part II

Karen_B

I am all over the lip products of this collection! Usually I buy eyeshadows, but the HK lippies look so gorgeous and fun. I especially want Sweet Strawberry, Big bow, Strayin' and Nice Kitty (mostly because of the name, LOL!).

xbrookecorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessThanAnn
I went to my local counter today and the lady told me that they arnt even getting the stuff in until the 15th!! And there event is the 20th, 21st, and the 22nd of Feb. WHICH I GOT INVITED TO!!! This is my VERY first event and I'm soooo excited! I dont know what to expect!! But alas it's awesome cause one of the MUA's there told me to call on the 15th and she'll reserve me some things. I'm so excited! HEEE!!!

S7303192-1.jpg

...maybe a little too excited....lol!

Brain Tree, as in Boston? Near me
yes.gif

MissAlphaKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelove4tequila
Marquise'd. If I can recall correctly Marquise'd isn't as peach as Cutester.

Can anyone comment/compare Cutester vs. Lollipop Loving? Pigmentation , colour etc...

melissy

did anyone get the white nail polish? do you think the white is worth buying? bc i am a nail tech so i can get nail polish cheap. i was going to get all 3 but now i am thinking of just getting the pink and the grey.

SmokeSignal16

Yeah to back up what another post said about getting very little product, I went to my Dillards counter tonight and saw my MA. He told me they were only getting 5 of each product!
WTF2.gif
So needless to say I will be camped out at least an hour before the store opens lol. I have giftcards or else I would just do it online...but seriously 5 of each thing?!

melissy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Yeah to back up what another post said about getting very little product, I went to my Dillards counter tonight and saw my MA. He told me they were only getting 5 of each product!
WTF2.gif
So needless to say I will be camped out at least an hour before the store opens lol. I have giftcards or else I would just do it online...but seriously 5 of each thing?!

thats crazy and not even fair. i really dont understand mac wouldnt they wanna make more money so make more of the collection available??

Ms_Slick

Hi everyone! First time poster here!
I just had to jump into the conversation because I stopped by my MAC counter today at Nordstrom's. They had just gotten their shipment in about five minutes before I arrived. The plastic bag was just sitting there stuffed with Hello Kitty stuff! But, the bag itself wasn't very big and it didn't look like they had received very much stuff. Did look pretty limited, so I'm glad I stopped by and did my order before-hand. Just a heads up to everyone here.

SmokeSignal16

Yeah I know that's what we said too it's like 5 products for each thing that's basically not even an hour tops before they sell out!

emmy282

So, I'm desperately trying to reduce my list. Anyone know whats similar to Sweet Strawberry? Starberry Blonde maybe? Rich & Ripe?
Also, is Most Popular dupable? I can't think of anything really similar, maybe So Scarlet? But thats darker I think.
th_dunno.gif

I don't know... but my wallet needs help!
eeksign.gif

tana2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
In regards to the diff between this and spaced out, i recall spaced out being much more bronze and metallic. Same with eversun (it was a lot more bronzey brown whereas fun and games is peachy apricot)

Here is a teaser pic, the rest will be on my blog either tonight or tomorrow!

How hot do I look with my barely made up face? Eeep! Just wearing studio sculpt in nw15 (review on the blog pending too!) and the 2 blushes

tippy on left, fun and games on the right. Excuse the shoddy blending, I just took the pics so all of you can see the colors
smiles.gif

Picture022-1.jpg

Thank you so much. My skin tone is similar to yours and this photo has really clarified that I want to get tippy when its released in Australia
yahoo.gif

MrsMay

^^ see now I had taken Tippy off my list after Adina's reviews as I have sweetness. Unfortunately after seeing this picture Fun & Games has made its way onto my list... how on earth am I going to shorten this list? oh, I know, HK doesnt get released in Australia for over a month from now... so we will see all the dupes in the meantime
winks.gif

wizzer3245

i'm worried now if there is so little in all of your stores in the US
whats it going to be like here in the UK!!!!! :| right thats it im camping out for a whole week in march!
mac_haul.gif

TwistedFaith

I must say, I really wasn't blown away by this collection at all. It was disappointing because I love me some Hello Kitty
ssad.gif
I ended up getting Cute-ster, Big Bow, and Most Popular lipsticks, Fast Friends l/g, Hello Dolly Palette and all 3 nail polishes. I was supposed to get the Blue Green pigment (absolutely gorgeous)but the MA forgot to get it for me - it's all good though, I'll just order it next week or eventually get it from the pro store.

Most of the lipglasses were hardly pigmented - maybe they'll work over lipsticks, I don't know. I got Fast Friends because I thought it was fairly unique - it is a very very sheer magenta with gorgeous blue sparkles. Sweet Strawberry was a pretty reddish-pink and pigmented but not that original to me so I passed. I does remind me of Strawberry Blonde. She Loves Candy was pretty too and had more pigment than they others, probably because of the intense beigy-gold frost. Mimmy was pretty but might be dupable so I passed on it. The other two lipglasses didn't show up enough for me.

The lipsticks: Cute-ster is very pretty to me. I expected to pass on it, but I liked it when I tried it - it's a sheer peachy color with fine pink (possibly coral?) sparkle. It does feel kind of gritty, but I don't mind that too much, it makes me feel like I'm exfoliating my lips lol. Most Popular is a nice berry lippie - I don't think it's unique, but it's flattering and I will use it a lot. Big Bow is a bright sheer iridescent hot pink, I'm so happy I could get it especially since I missed Fafi's Fun n' Sexy and people have mentioned they are similar. Fashion Mews was okay, but I got Lavender Whip instead which is a little more lilac-y and pigmented. I do think that it will look very good on other people it just wasn't for me. I feel the same way about Strayin' - it was a brighter and frostier pink than I expected. Not for me, but will look good on others. Fresh Brew was just blah to me and since it's part of the perm collection it wasn't really on my radar anyway. The darker pink/coral tlc is gorgeous - I passed because I'm not crazy about potted lip products, but if you like that I would recommend it. It's very pigmented and shiny and I didn't smell any sunscreen when I sniffed it...maybe when you put it on?

Fun and Games blush was pretty, but sort of reminded me of Nuance which I have and like a lot more so I didn't get that. Tippy is a very (!) pigmented cool pink - I think it will look very nice on more cool-toned folks but it wasn't for me. I got the Hello Dolly palette, mainly because of Romping and Hello Dolly e/s. I liked the other palette too, but only because of the gold color and Paradisc, so I didn't get it. The packaging is very cute on the blushes and e/s palettes! It's black with pink sparkles. Her Glitz is definitely Reflects Antique Gold pigment in glitter liner form (was it Tam Eva Le Fay who mentioned that before?), very pretty! I don't wear liquid glitter liners but if you do, go for it. Lastly, I got all of the nail polishes. I haven't tried them yet but I love the colors and the bottles.

BadBadGirl

What day does macys.com usually have the cosmetics up? The same day MAC does or the same day the stores do? Anyone know?

LessThanAnn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
Brain Tree, as in Boston? Near me
yes.gif

Thats so awesome! I've been wondering were all the MA Addicts where at. Lol.

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bAbY_cHiCkEn01
How similar are Big Bow and Flash n Dash/ Utterly Frivolous (fafi) lipsticks?

Big Bow is similar to Fun & Sexy from Fafi IMO, if you have F&S & need to cut something off your list I think you could safely remove BB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBadGirl
What day does macys.com usually have the cosmetics up? The same day MAC does or the same day the stores do? Anyone know?

The Macy's & MAC site usually list on the same day, but sometimes the Macy's stuff says unavailable until the next day, weird
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachkitten
Did anyone notice that Fashion Mews is not on the Nordstrom website? Could it be sold out already?

I sure hope that I get a HK mailer.
smiles.gif

FM is back on the Nords site today
yes.gif

And I really would like the cute HK head mailer too!!! Anyone parting with theirs???