MAC - Sugar Sweet Discussion

TISH1124

100_6613.jpg

Sanayhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImMACnificent
I always see Lauren (panacea on youtube) use it. The only shadestick I have is beijing, I like it but it creases on me. It is a great highlighter for the eyebrow though.

Im a huge fan of smokey/dark eyes, Sharkskin would be perfect for this
greengrin.gif

Put a drier base on first, then the shadestick. Go over it with a brush (a flat synthetic one or a blending brush, whatever you've got) to smooth it out and make sure it's not too thick. That will help tremendously in preventing creasing.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABB113
Is Sharkskin very different than using a black liner as a base?

Yesssss! Shadesticks make eyeshadows POP and really bring out their colours. As such, Sharkskin == win.

Mirtika

I caved when I got the MAC email and placed an order last night. I was gonna wait until I could get to the store tomorrow, but, ah.

I mostly ordered NON Sugarsweet stuff that I'd been eyeing--blushes and lipsticks, eg. Lickable, Intenso grand duo, Sweetie, Frankly Scarlet, Desert Rose--but I did get two of the tricolor glosses, Tasty and Simply Delicious, and I got Lollipop Lovin and Sweet Thing.

I don't get the allure of Bubbles, and St. Germain would look hideous on me. I do suspect Lollipop Loving will not suit me, but all the raving about it swayed me to try it. If it's a no-go, I can always give it away to someone who'd like it.

I wish they'd brought back Sock Hop, cause the swatches I saw that had LL with SH were really pretty. Ah, well.

I can't believe I spent so much more than I'd planned. I am self-indulgent. But I had a painful procedure today, so I don't feel TOO bad.
smiles.gif

Hope everyone enjoys their purchases.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABB113
Thanks, Tish! I might need to try to track that one down....

You're welcome!! it is currently on sale on the website if you are in the US...My MA said they are making it perm...Not sure...But it does not have a triangle by it

starberry28

Hi all!

New to the forum here but I can tell you it's already done a pretty good job of enabling. I went to my Pro store earlier this week and stopped by again today to pick up some things from Sugarsweet despite the HK damage from last month ughh!!
nonono.gif
But anyways, here are my thoughts about the collection in case it helps anyone who is on the fence about ordering:

Shadesticks: Loved Lemon Chiffon and Butternutty! Cakeshop and Penny are ok too but I tried to be a good little makeup addict and I passed on those. Red Velvet..I'm usually a neutral color person or a purple kinda girl so that one didn't interest me much.

Lipstick: 2 words - Lollipop Lovin!! That was the only one I was drawn to. St. Germain is pretty nice as well but I elected to pass. Sweet Thing was a magenta-y sheer color to me but I doubt I'd wear it more than 2x or so. Same for Bubbles - although it would make a sweet highlighter for the center of the lips.

Eyeshadows: Picked up Aquavert & Sugarshot. Sugarshot is a decent highlight shade but I feel like I have colors from other brands that are quite similar so that one is iffy. Dear Cupcake...a nice color, but again one that I would never wear. Pretty sure the others are in the perm line so I didn't even look at those heh

Glosses: Ack. I almost bought into them because they seemed unique upon first glance...but they are quite sheer and I already have too many glosses to justify another one because of the packaging.

Nailpolishes: Got both! Seasonal Peach is already on the nails as we speak. Yes, it is a bit streaky but I found that putting a beige colored polish as a base made it better. A bit more work, but I like the results
yes.gif
Peppermint Patti is a fun mint green that I wish was a bit paler? It's still pretty unique and I heard mint green is kinda trendy for Fall (yeah I know..it's not even summer yet..haha)

MSF: Ok, I got both of these even though I have MSF's from BBR that haven't seen much love lately. I used Refined today over Fun & Games and it gave a nice peachy glow to my NC15-20 skin. Neither Refined or Perfect Topping are glittery..they have more of a sheen like the ones from BBR as opposed to something like Soft&Gentle I guess. I would definitely try to see these in person to decide if they are right for you.

Ok, that's all I got for now. Hope this helps someone
choochoo.gif

cmariemac

Can someone tell me a dupe of perfect topping. I really don't want to buy it and I'm scared I'll love it, but if I know of a dupe maybe I won't
smiles.gif

rbella

I totally hope my Refined MSF is goldish. My favorite MSF in the whole world is Soft and Gentle and it is a really light gold on me. I pray I didn't drop an assload of money on a whole bunch of shizz I don't need.....I will know as soon as the friggin' UPS guy brings me my goods....

TISH1124

^^^ it was very GOLD on me...so i am sure it will be on you....S&G has more of a silver tint...so I think you will be happy

Moxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
My favorite MSF in the whole world is Soft and Gentle and it is a really light gold on me.

Ooooh is it?! I dont hear that MSF mentioned very often
ssad.gif
It was one I actually considered buying some time ago cuz it's perm. Knowing now that you love it...I'll definitely check it out next time when I hit a counter
yes.gif

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
I totally hope my Refined MSF is goldish. My favorite MSF in the whole world is Soft and Gentle and it is a really light gold on me. I pray I didn't drop an assload of money on a whole bunch of shizz I don't need.....I will know as soon as the friggin' UPS guy brings me my goods....

I still don't have Soft and Gentle.
icon_eek.gif

TISH1124

I tried it...However i decided to keep it moving...I thought the color was pretty ...My MA was doing a makeover and it was falling all over the place and she was making a few statements about it...so i decided if it was causing her trouble ..it was damned sure not gonna work for me and my non-professional application technique