MAC - Holiday 09: Magic, Mirth, Mischief (Colour Collection) Discussion

stickles

Re: MAC - Magic, Mirth, Mischief (Holiday 09) Discussion

I'm also hoping that the two LE mineralize blushes will have the Sonic Chic texture, which was still the best across the three types released

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
I'm actually most intrigued by the brush sets... I'm hoping for some new brushes instead of the same few hashed over and over. At the same time, I won't be surprised if they are the same brushes, just rearranged across sets.

I will try and find out if my MA has any more info when I go back in on Saturday... if not I will ask her to pump all her contacts until she does get info
winkiss.gif

blowyourmind

I love the holiday collections! I can't wait till they're released! I'm excited for...
Dazzleglasses x 3
Cremesheen Glass x 3
Eye Palettes x 4 (warm, starlet, smokey, resort)
Brush Sets (buffing)
Face Kit (Fleur, Bronze)
Lip & Lustreglass Sets (coral, pink, neutral)
Pigment Sets (warm, cool)

I better start saving
lol.gif

MrsMay

ok, so I did a quick pic in MS Paint to try an explain what I saw in the palette picture... hopefully this helps!! I know the drawing is really really sucky but it's better than nothing...

palette-2.jpg

ok - so the background was a gold colour, but I think it was matte rather than shiny. Obviously the coloured dots werent as badly colour co-ordinated as this pic (I just went for random colours), but I'm pretty sure this is kinda what the pics showed. The bubbles kinda looked like they were raised plastic showing the colours in the palette underneath, or they could just be colored plastic to represent baubles or something like that.

Hopefully this helps!!!

darkishstar

I might pick up a palette or two and that's it. I really need to find the warm eyes from Red She Said. Really regret passing that one.
I don't need anymore lips.. I don't need soft sparkles.. I don't need more MES... yeah. And I HATE lip palettes. I can't stand the glosses getting all mixed up together.

stickles

MrsMay: Wow that's really dedicated to helping us envision the collection with your drawing
greengrin.gif
Any of the items catch your eye when you looked at the info?

NappyMACDiva3

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Wow I can't wait to see the packaging for this either, it sounds really fun! I hope to escape without buying any more palettes, as I have palettes coming out of the wazoo but I might be coerced in to the MES duos, as long as they are new and not repromos. Also I might pickup a cremesheen glass, as I only have one from the previous release and I've decided I could use at least one more.

I'm kind of disappointed that the kits are going to be softsparkle pencils (they are so rough!) and pigment vials, as I guess I was hoping they'd do mini paint pots or shadesticks or something. But that's more money saved, right?
smiles.gif

Great Idea....mini panit pots would be so nice. I hope MAC is listening.
smiles.gif

specktra_rocks.gif
mac_addict.gif

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickles
MrsMay: Wow that's really dedicated to helping us envision the collection with your drawing
greengrin.gif
Any of the items catch your eye when you looked at the info?

You're welcome
smiles.gif

The main things that caught my eye were the following:

- Face Kits - I am wondering if these are similar to the "look in a box" or even the face trip palettes that were brought out this year (I'm hoping for the latter)

- Love's Devine Lash Kit - this was a good buy from what I remember... I'm pretty sure it was AUD$95, so I reckon it would probably be around USD$45 (no idea really... just guessing)

I'm also very interested to see the lineup of the brushes to see how much they have changed!

Susanne

Thank you! I want two eye palettes again for sure, maybe one brush set. A mini lipglass and pigment set as well - really can't wait to see the packaging.

I hope for regular e/s in the colour story as well - no MES please
winks.gif

tarnii

[Edit: A massive thank you to my fabulous MA at Myers Adelaide who let me stand at the counter with her collections sheet and type all the info into my phone cos I said we didnt have it on Specktra yet
smiles.gif
[/quote]

Mrs May this MA sounds amazing and your typing skills must be pretty hot too because it would take me half an hour to type all that into my phone.

sherby2722

I cannot wait for this collection so far i want everything!!
greengrin.gif

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
Thank you! I want two eye palettes again for sure, maybe one brush set. A mini lipglass and pigment set as well - really can't wait to see the packaging.

I hope for regular e/s in the colour story as well - no MES please
winks.gif

Sorry to disappoint, but the sheet definately said MES!

MrsMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnii
Mrs May this MA sounds amazing and your typing skills must be pretty hot too because it would take me half an hour to type all that into my phone.

Yeah, she is fabulous, and has recently (last 6 months or so) been promoted to counter manager
greengrin.gif

I have a Nokia E71 which has a qwerty keyboard so it wasnt too bad to type that stuff in, I'm used to using it for emails at work
yes.gif

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMay
Sorry to disappoint, but the sheet definately said MES!

sigh.gif
Alright. But ones with veining please
winks.gif

MACina

Face Kit Fleur sounds soooo great to me!
I can not wait to get more information....

Does anyone already know if all parts are going to be available
in Germany?
Especially the Face Kit....because the Look Boxes from Graphic Garden
are not.

romi79_2008

I so wish to find a palette with colors I like(at least 4) so I don`t take my 15es palettes with me around in weekend trips.
Pink lipgloss set and mini pigments I guess, maybe some mes, will see

MrsMay

MACina - I would think everything I posted would be available in Germany as we normally have the same restrictions

nunu

I am so excited!! I love the holliday collections, thank you for the info Jenny!

MAC_Fafinette14

I might look at the lipsticks. But for the most part, this collection is a definite "pass" for me.

Latest posts