224 Brush?

cno64

Do those of you who own the MAC #224 brush like it for crease work?
I've been having a problem with shading the creases of my eyes lately, and the 224 brush was recommended to me by a MA as The Crease Brush.
But before I buy, I'd like to know what you all think.

YvetteJeannine

Well...I like it for blending. Blending crease work, mainly...but I don't generally find I use it for initially doing my crease...For that, I use a 219, or a 217. However, many "guys and dolls" use it for their creases...I guess it depends what you like, and what you're comfortable using...I don't like bigger, fluffier brushes (like the 224) for doing initial crease work...but many do. My personal advice to you would be to get a 217 (do you have one?) and/or 219 first...then see how you like them. If you have some extra cash to spend...THEN get the 224. Having said that, I really DO like mine for the blending I need to do afterwards....

I guess I didn't help much...did I?
winks.gif

cno64

No, I currently don't have any MAC eyeshadow brushes. I have a Stila #7 crease brush, of which I must say I'm not fond. I've been using it it in the crease, a small flat Body Shop brush for the lids and brows, then a wide Body Shop blender brush to blend the whole business.
Sometimes it looks okay, sometimes not.

~LadyLocks~

I have the 224 and I love it!! This was my very first MAC brush and I'm glad I got it. I highly recommend it! It makes your e/s look flawless IMO. I just recently got the 217 as well and I love it almost the same. 217 is great for packing on the color but 224 is great for blending and making the color softer.

JediFarfy

The 224 is a great brush, but I found it better for blending or applying shadow to larger areas. I loooove 219 for the crease: so precise. I'm not very good at precision, but if you have a steader hand, 224 should work well.

notmyhand

I use the 272 because I find the angled shape fits my crease better because the thinner end goes beautifully into my inner crease and then gets bigger as the crease continues.

Latest posts