-

mommymac

Re: ipod troubles :(

Sounds like your battery fried. This happened to my son's but fortunately for us I had purchased the extended warranty, I do this for all of his technology. I took it back to Best Buy and they sent it off for repairs but in the end just replaced it with a new one. Maybe you could take it to a service provider and they will send it back to Apple and replace the battery or just go to Apple.com and see what options they will give you.

aziajs

Did you try resetting it? If not, give that a try. Also, try charging it through your computer for a bit and then charging it through your adapter. I think mine finally died but it suffered a long time before its demise. I have had nothing but problems with it for the last year or so.

User93

tadaa i restarted it and its back to life. im such a happy noob right now. thanks girls! yay

erine1881

don't be surprised if it does it again. the hard drive on ipods isn't that great. and the cost of replacing the hard drive is almost the same as a new one. if resetting it doens't work, its pretty much done for.
ssad.gif

mommymac, i got the replacement package from bestbuy as well. it comes in super handy. i got my first ipod, 2nd gen. nano, for christmas of 2006, and thankfully my mom got the replacement package. it kept freezing up on me. so i replaced it with the new 3rd gen. nano, which rocks cause now i can watch video on it. i bought another replacement package for this one as well, so just incase something happens with this one i'll be set.
thmbup.gif

Chic 2k6

I've gotta get a replacement iPod, someone stole mine in college library (along with my bag). it was a Classic 80gb ipod, last year's model. I dont like the New Classic 80gb, with album cover viewing on screen, it's too skinny!

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibi
tadaa i restarted it and its back to life. im such a happy noob right now. thanks girls! yay

YAY!! I have the same one as you...the pink nano. I've had it almost 2 years and it's only freaked out on me once. My husband did something funky to it...restarted it I guess...by pressing all these button combos...lol. Anyway, yay for a fixed Ipod!

user79

Don't buy ipods. It's all marketing, the quality of their players is shit, basically. There are whole websites dedicated to this. Just a warning, I guess.

MiCHiE

I've had my 30G for 2 years now. Never had a problem. I listen to it everyday in the car.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
That's not too helpful for the people who already own them.
smiles.gif

Not only that but Apple's marketing is incredibly effective and people want ipods regardless of their quality. There are a dozen other players on the market but most people get lured in by the ipod. I, personally, am going to wait a bit before I re-purchase one. I think I'll give one of the other players a try.

User93

Nah mine goes crazy sometimes, but now that often, and a thing like that happened 1st time. I have it for 1,5 now, i'm totally enjoying it. You know, thats a really good feeling when you've bought something, and you realise thats a really damn good thing for you, even after all the new collections were released, i never ever wanted any other newer ipod, but mine only.
thmbup.gif
Im completely ok with 4gb, i have about 730 songs over there.
Chic 2k6 damn, what a jerk did it :/ anyways, you gonna get something even better
tong.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
That's not too helpful for the people who already own them.
smiles.gif

Correct, but I was warning people who don't have an mp3 player and are wanting to get an ipod, and are unsure of what to buy. I'm just suggesting to do some research before just buying an ipod, and look into alternative players like Creative Zen, iRivers, Cowon, etc. The other brands often have more features and capabilities than the various ipod models but aren't as well known and not merchandised & marketed as aggressively as ipods. I know so many people who have so many problems with their ipod breaking or acting up like a year after buying when, surprise, the warranty has run out. There's many other players on the market, I'm just trying to suggest alternatives to people who don't have one already and unsure what to buy.

Anything But iPod - MP3 Player Reviews & News is a good site to check for alternative mp3 players, spec reviews, etc.

Esperanza

I agree with you on that, that is so true. My sister has an Ipod for less than a year and it broke just like that. I have an IRiver one and it still works after 3 years of intensive use (I'm using it everyday!).

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I've had my 30G for 2 years now. Never had a problem. I listen to it everyday in the car.

same here Ive had my 30G for over 2 and a Half years and i use it every day. I also know a few people who have one of the first generation ipods that still work they have replaced the batterys but thats something you have to do with any piece of electronic equipment that requires them

mizzbeba

Quote:

What restart trick did you use?

User93

it turned out that to restart you gotta press central button + MENU (upper one) at one time and hold for pretty long untin the screen restarts
thmbup.gif

Chic 2k6

Quote:
Nah mine goes crazy sometimes, but now that often, and a thing like that happened 1st time. I have it for 1,5 now, i'm totally enjoying it. You know, thats a really good feeling when you've bought something, and you realise thats a really damn good thing for you, even after all the new collections were released, i never ever wanted any other newer ipod, but mine only.
thmbup.gif
Im completely ok with 4gb, i have about 730 songs over there.
Chic 2k6 damn, what a jerk did it :/ anyways, you gonna get something even better:p

nahh gonna get myself another 80gb ipod, i absolutely adore that thing!

LAW0MAN

my nano ipod is like this right now... it was a birthday gift and how do i reset it

i tried holding the pause button for a while but nothing happen???

LAW0MAN

Quote:
it turned out that to restart you gotta press central button + MENU (upper one) at one time and hold for pretty long untin the screen restarts
thmbup.gif

thank you thank you thank you... i didnt see your reply!!!!!!
yahoo.gif