80s

DOLLface

So, next week is homecoming week and we have dress up days all week.

Wed. is 80s day and the make-up is what I'm really focusing on.
I was thinking about doing my eyes with Pink Pearl pig. and Electric Eel e/s.

Any other suggestions?

DaizyDeath

ugh i hated the 80's haha
horrid makeup and even more horrid clothing IMO

what was really popular back then was putting your eyeshadow all the way up to your eyebrow with preety much just one color.

i dont know if i can help you 2 much on this one
ssad.gif
sry

DOLLface

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaizyDeath
ugh i hated the 80's haha
horrid makeup and even more horrid clothing IMO

what was really popular back then was putting your eyeshadow all the way up to your eyebrow with preety much just one color.

i dont know if i can help you 2 much on this one
ssad.gif
sry

It's ok. I must agree, make-up and clothes of the 80s were terrible.

Beauty Mark

It would be a different take on the 1980s, but if you could look like one of those women from the "Addicted to Love" video, that would be cool. They were pale, bright red lipstick, pretty intense eyes makeup.

d_flawless

it's all in application...i'd do like dollmix blush but applies way into the ears, try it with tape even to give you that "airbrushed" on, really defined look
electric eel is perfect for the eyes, i was going to say that. do something super bright in the crease, like parfait amour, or even sushi flower. or pink pearl, whatever, lol. bright pink, MATTE lips, and you're set. pencil your brows so that they're full, and bust out that crimper!

maxcat

Watch Duran Duran's Rio video and copy. Remember, gobs of makeup on angles. And blue mascara.

DOLLface

I did a bit of a "trial run" for Wednesday on one eye to see how it would turn out and decide if I want to change anything.

I ended up using:
Bare Canvas paint [lid-brow]
Beige-ing s/s ["]
Electric Eel e/s [lid and lower lashline]
Pink Pearl pig. [crease/half way up brow]
Kitchmas pig. [highlight]
Carbon e/s [used as liner on top and bottom]

I didn't use mascara tonight, but I will for the final look and I might add lashes, too.

Hawkeye

Oh I so missed this and i hope im not too late on the bandwagon but this is how it usually went down if I recall correctly-

Your eye is in thirds.
Take a color-Electric Eel is perfect on the inner 1/3 of the eye and take it straight up to the brow. The middle 1/3 of the eye use purple. From lashline straight up to the browbone Repeat on the outer third using Pink Pearl Pigment

Use a bright pink blush and make it STRIPEY nice big stripes.

And the lips-perfect is FROST FROST FROST

Dont forget to add glitter to the eyes and poof your hair out REALLY BIG. Take a crimper if you have to get it big and POOFY

and spider lashes and add the orange foundation your good to go

Indigowaters

If you want to go extreme do a face a la Denise Huxtable with the racer stripe shadow going into the hair line on one side. You might want to use tape to get the "straight line". They also used neon colors back then that wasn't so matchy matchy with their clothes.

Glitziegal

Oh I was in my teens during the Eighties so lived these looks. If they weren't all packed I would post some old pics of me in the eighties.

I remember wearing very frosty bright pinks and blues on the eyes with lashings of electric blue mascara. The previously mentioned stripe of pink blush, and frosty light pink lipstick.

Have fun and remember in the Eighties make up wasn't taken seriousluy. It was fun, fun, fun all the way
lol.gif

flowerhead

Taking colour all the way up to the brow....Blush applied in a 'C' shape around your cheekbones, outlined frosted matte pale lips, vivid blue/violet/pink eyeshadow, lots of khol...Or you could go completely opposite and do the goth look which is classic 80's, white panstick, red lippy and black eyeshadow up to the brows. I don't recommend this, haha!

Latest posts