A blessing showered my way in the form of a MAC gift box!!

BlahWah

So it's been pretty tough lately because I had to spend money on my sis's wedding instead of makeup - which I'm not complaining about, I'm glad and honoured to have been part of such a special event in her life, but not getting the makeup.. pinches, a little. I moved recently as well, and with the expenses racking up from renovations and just getting settled I couldn't justify getting anything. The last collection I bought from was C-Shock, and even then it was just 3 shadows (haha, "just"). Well, I did get Quiver Pearlizer and Gadabout... okay, so Novel Twist was my last collection. My sis got married mid-July, so I watched as Flashtronic came out and was loved by everyone... Rushmetal came out and was loved by everyone... and now Smoke Signals and Blue Storm loom in the horizon and my wallet is oh-so-sadly empty.

But I sucked it up and told myself "It's just makeup, and besides, you can play with everything else you've neglected!" and soldiered on through July and what's passed of August. I was able to b2m for Thrills l/s and used a b-day giftcard for Lovestone, but other than that I haven't even played with the new stuff at my closest counter.

Come moving day, my sister-in-law tells me of the mall funraiser party happening and tries to get me to go (she had an extra ticket), but I couldn't ditch our friends who helped us move! So I passed... later that night, however, I get a frantic call from my SIL and she tells me there's a MAC basket up for auction worth $150 and the bid's only at $50! She asks if I want to bid and, quickly stuffing down the voice of practicality, I tell her to bid up to $75 for it. I figure I can justify paying 1/2 value for new items, even if I don't know what's in there!

Moving day goes on, and it's not unil mid-afternon the next day I see her. She tells me I won at just $60
clap.gif
and that it's downstairs for me to check out. I go over, glance in and start squealing and jumping and clapping like a kid who hears she'll have ice cream and marshmallows for dinner.
cheerleader.gif
:cartwheel: I knew there would be a bronzer, shadows, a brush and something else.... but I didn't think the shadows would be from Flashtronic! I got Quarry, By Jupiter and Mercurial!!! Those three lovelies were staring up at me, saying ever so graciously, "We are yours. You have wished for us and now you own us. Use us and be beautiful!!"

The other items were Golden bronzer, Renewal Defence Charged Waters and the 129 SH brush, all which are nice to have but sidenotes to the mineral shadows. Having those after this disciplined month feels like such a great reward!! Not like this will ever happen again *fingers crossed*, but wow, it's like my holding back paid off.
smiles.gif

I could go on but this post has been long enough. I just had to share this cuz it just felt soooooooo good to get these shadows! Thanks for reading!
wavey.gif

melliquor

Ahhh... you must be so pleased. It shows what a little restraint can do. Have fund with your new goodies.

CantAffordMAC

aww thats great! I'm happy for you.
rofl.gif

MAC is one of the best gifts that can be given lol. I hope & hope during the holidays but...no luck.

BlahWah

Wow, didn't think so many people would read my post! Thanks for the comments and for sharing in my bliss! I'll have something to look forward to once I finish this last summer school paper (augh, the last time I do summer school!).

Jot

congrats to you. nice to think they have gone to a good home.
I know how hard it is to be good so glad you have been rewarded
Enjoy!