A dark purple and dark pink colour

meggie2006

I am looking for a DARK purple and a DARK pink colour. The darkest purple i have is satellite dreams, and its not dark enough. Is there any really dark purple (either pigment or e/s).
I am also looking for a really dark pink. I have cranberry, but like above, it isnt as dark as i would like. Pigment or e/s recommendations are appreciated.

I was thinking Violet pigment for dark purple(is it dark?)

Thanks everyone for your help!

ledonatella

Violet pig. isn't really dark, more brighter purple. Deep Purple pig. is dark as is Mystical Myst and Nocturnelle shadows. Dark Pink? Cranberry is more red and if that's not dark enough maybe Plum Dressing or Star Violet although I wouldn't really call them pink, pink by nature is a mix of white and red so it's not really a dark shade. It depends if you want a plummy tone or a reddy tone I guess. Endless Love was a nice deeper pink but not sure if it would work for you, but it's worth checking it out.

stellarx1587

For dark purple, maybe you could try Shadowy Lady. For dark pink... I'm drawing a blank... I keep thinking od Sushi Flower, but you said you're looking for a dark pink... HTH!

meggie2006

Thanks for your help. Unfourtunatly i cannot get dark purple pigment because i believe it is a pro colour, and my closest mac pro is like 2 hours away. I will look into the colours that arent pro tho. Thanks again!

FrazzledOne

I agree with Shadowy Lady for a dark purple. You may want to try Passionate for a dark pink. It is supposed to be "the" MAC red color, but IMHO I don't think it is a true red color.

GothicGirl

Meggie, I´ll try to help you with the purple e/s, because I don´t really wear pink in my eyes that often; however, I own around 10 purple MAC products for eyes, and I think I have an idea of what you´re looking for. Deep Purple PRO Pigment is no good, it turns brown on skin. Shadowy Lady is a dark plum, not purple at all. Satellite Dreams: I own it. You want darker? Purple Haze e/s. Don´t like mattes? Try to find Mystical Mist e/s - i´ts been d/c´d, but if you find it, it´s a good choice. There´s also Nocturnelle e/s, but it´s not PUUUURPLE, it´s a bit plummy too - though I love it. Oh, and stay away from Parfait Amour.
Now, to the Pigments. Violet Pigment isn´t really dark - it´s a bright violet, but it seems to lack that ooomph, at least for me. I´ve found my true purple love in both Purple Haze e/s and PRO Pigment French Violet, which are quite similar - but for me, French Violet takes the 1st prize. But as far as dark purples go, try Entremauve Pigment - so beautiful and so truely purple that it makes me hug the jar.

sigwing

I was going to say Purple Haze. It's too bad they dc'd Intoxicate.

Contrast is a bluish purplish and dark.

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicGirl
Meggie, I´ll try to help you with the purple e/s, because I don´t really wear pink in my eyes that often; however, I own around 10 purple MAC products for eyes, and I think I have an idea of what you´re looking for. Deep Purple PRO Pigment is no good, it turns brown on skin. Shadowy Lady is a dark plum, not purple at all. Satellite Dreams: I own it. You want darker? Purple Haze e/s. Don´t like mattes? Try to find Mystical Mist e/s - i´ts been d/c´d, but if you find it, it´s a good choice. There´s also Nocturnelle e/s, but it´s not PUUUURPLE, it´s a bit plummy too - though I love it. Oh, and stay away from Parfait Amour.
Now, to the Pigments. Violet Pigment isn´t really dark - it´s a bright violet, but it seems to lack that ooomph, at least for me. I´ve found my true purple love in both Purple Haze e/s and PRO Pigment French Violet, which are quite similar - but for me, French Violet takes the 1st prize. But as far as dark purples go, try Entremauve Pigment - so beautiful and so truely purple that it makes me hug the jar.

Yes, yes, yes to everything she says and triple ditto to entremauve pigment.

XsMom21

I have fuschia pigment, and it's a bold red/pink color. Also, I use Rich Purple pigment but it's more of a matte, and doesn't give much payoff, except when used with a mixing medium of some sort.

Violet, as they said above, is not dark, but it is a vibrant purple. Almost pastel.

meggie2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothicGirl

Thanks so much for your helpful purple post! I will deffinatly look into some of those colours, and perhaps maybe order pigments from mac pro and have them shipped. Or ill look on ebay.....and if anything looks suspicious ill post in the "fake mac" section.

GothicGirl

Oooooh yeah, Rich Purple PRO Pig, how could I forget? Love that thing - but I don´t think of it as purple per se, to me it looks purplish black. Maybe too dark for what you´re looking for, Meg.

ginger9

my two recs for deep purple are entremauve (already mentioned) and macroviolet fluideline. It's considered "deep" enough, it's not grape purple like entremauve and has more reddish tones to it. Check out the swatch section hth.

Chic 2k6

Hepcat is a dark plum purple and Passionate is well hot pink which with Hepcat over it, turns dark pink in my experience

ebonyannette

The darkest purple I use is Sketch and for pigments I use grape pro pigment.
For a dark pink Im not sure if you mean dark on the brown side or dark on the intense side but Sushi Flower is an intense pink.

You can always darken your colors with Shadesticks as well. HTH