A few questions...

Dia

Not totally Mac related, but still makeup related...

Next week I'm doing my big end of summer haul at Sephora, Mac and Holt Renfrew (Nars!). What I need is some suggestions of must haves from Sephora. Right now my list only has Bare Minerals Foundation and Mineral Veil. Since I won't be even remotley near any of these stores for at least a year I need to stock up now lol.

Also, Nars orgasm blush and lipgloss... everyone's always raving about them but I've yet to purchase them. Would they look good someone with my colouring (my avatar shows my paleness pretty good, I'm a little pink right now from the sun though.)? I'd ask at the counter but they're either going to ignore me or tell me to buy it regardless. Gotta love Holt Renfrew's horrible service.

Two more things and that's it lol.

I was thinking of getting the large Mac Jacquard tote because I need a new purse. Does anyone have pictures of this and/or the Mac backpack? I just want to know if it'd actually be suitable for a purse as well as makeup storage.

TIA ladies
smiles.gif

I can't wait to get home so I can post pics of all of the Mac I've accumulated over the summer lol.

martygreene

Moved this, as the bulk of your queries are for reccomendations and are not strictly MAC related.

I do think that orgasm looks fine on pale skin, but it can be finicky depending on the tones to it... if you are going to a sephora though they'll probably have it there too, so you can try it on and see what you think.

Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by martygreene
Moved this, as the bulk of your queries are for reccomendations and are not strictly MAC related.

I do think that orgasm looks fine on pale skin, but it can be finicky depending on the tones to it... if you are going to a sephora though they'll probably have it there too, so you can try it on and see what you think.

Oops, sorry. Didn't see the reccomendations section...

Sephora in Canada (Ontario at least) doesn't carry Nars. They have a contract with Holt so it's exclusivley sold there. Unfortunately they're notorious for horrible service. I'm hoping that the counter will be empty when I go in lol.

martygreene

ah, I see. Can you try products on at holt? I'd really suggest swatching the product at least on your arm to get a sense of how it looks on your specific skintone.

Shawna

I'm probably as pale as you (I'm an NC 15) and I love my Nars orgasm blush. It is a really nice neutral blush and I find I use it more than anything else. It is also really pretty over top of the MAC bronzing sticks that came out a few months back. As for the gloss, ehh. I love the colour of it, but it just doesn't want to come out of the damn container. It is really sticky and gloopy and takes forever to coax enough out. If you don't mind fighting the container, the colour is a really pretty neutral that works well with almost any eye look. It's too bad that Holts has bad service where you are. I go to the one in Vancouver and they either know I'm gonna drop lots of money or are just really friendly because I've always had great service there. Maybe you'll get a better salesperson this time. My other suggestion would be to just order from Sephora online. With the exchange rate the way it is, you'd probably be getting a better deal. I find the Nars and Stila at Holt to be ridiculously overpriced.

rouquinne

i'd get the Orgasm blush too - i'm NC 20 and have worn it faithfully for over 4 years.

however, MAC's Peachy Keen blush is identical to it - i've swiped them both on clean white paper under a true light.

you can only get Orgasm lip gloss at Sephora - not at Holt's - so you won't be able to get it in Toronto.

ms.marymac

As far as the MAC totes go, it depends on how big of a purse you are looking for. I ordered the medium one, (to use as a purse) and it was way too big for me. I would say that one is closer to the size of an overnight bag. It was very well made, though.

From what I've heard, the new bags are about the same size.

If you don't already have some, I suggest picking up Urban Deay's Primer Potion...I want to marry it.