A litte MAC foundation help.

Corvs Queen

So, I was thinking about giving MAC foundations and powders a try. I usually wear Mary Kay Medium coverage foundation in Beige 304 and I love it. But I thought why not give MAC a try. I know for sure that I want to buy a power and I was thinking of getting the Blot powder. But my question is, out of the two, Studio Fix and Studio Tech, which is best. My skin is somewhat sensitive and I have occasional breakouts around that time of the month. My skin isn't super oily but I do tend to get shine. My nose and the corners of my mouth are usually my dry patches. I want something that's comforterable but offers a medium amount of coverage. Any reccomendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and all that jazz!
lol.gif

caffn8me

Both Studio Fix and Studio Tech give medium to good coverage. It's easier to vary the coverage with Studio Fix applying it to be more sheer with a brush or with a sponge or puff for greater coverage. I've heard of more people getting breakout problems with Studio Tech than with Studio Fix. They are both very different products. I'd try the Studio Fix to start with if I were you. It's a real shame that you aren't close to the M·A·C store in Vienna so you could go in and try both.

Corvs Queen

Yeah, I wish I were closer to Vienna too. You would think that with all the makeup and skincare institutes here in Innsbruck that they would at least have a MAC counter. I will be going back to North Carolina for Christmas so I hope to pick some foundation up then. There's a MAC just over the Tennessee line so it's like a 40 minute drive as opposed to a 2 hour flight to Vienna from here. So, have you used either of them? Which do you personally like the best?

Thanks for the reply by the way!

caffn8me

I use both but for regular use I'll stick with Studio Fix. If I want a flawless finish that photographs well I'll use Studio Tech. I have to say that Studio Tech feels really nice when it's being applied and it dries to a great finish. I've not had problems with it causing me breakouts but I know someone else who has.

Corvs Queen

Thanks so much for the help!

I think that I'll go with Studio Fix and Blot powder. Is that a good combo?
Sorry that I'm asking so many questions but I'm sure you know how hard it is
deciding on a good foundation.

NutMeg

I realise that I'm kind of popping into the conversation at the last minute but I would reccomend that you don't buy MAC foundation. It's nice but I really don't find it that exceptional for the price. It can cause breakouts, especially if you have sensitive skin, and if you already have a foundation that you're happy with, why bother?

Latest posts