A true red Mac lippie?

maxcat

Pantone 032 is what I consider to be true red (google-image search it... and the closest to that is Russian Red... everyone has a different idea of what a true red is. It also may just look bluer on you...
So... I'd either use an orange pencil or cut it with Morange to get a custom shade.

Showgirl

Ruby Woo I would have said was the "truest" red...

If what you want is something VERY VERY vivid red without pink then maybe try "Lady Danger" - it has a bright coral undernote to it, but on some colourings that just makes it look "more red"...

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showgirl
Ruby Woo I would have said was the "truest" red...

If what you want is something VERY VERY vivid red without pink then maybe try "Lady Danger" - it has a bright coral undernote to it, but on some colourings that just makes it look "more red"...

PS - there's a really good shot of "Lady Danger" about 2/3 of the way down this thread page here...

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=45713&page=3

I think of "Lady Danger" as my "80s red" and "Ruby Woo" as my '50s red, if that makes sense... they are both very vivid...

madkitty

I have lady danger as well but didnt mention that earlier as its not red in my eyes more orange-red

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Powerhouse

Sadly discontinued... was my absolute favourite.

Mixxi

I'd say Ruby Woo is quite a 'true' red. On me it's like Russian Red but with a less noticeable blue undertone... I might just be odd though!