A universal lip liner?

AudreyNicole

Is there such a thing? A lipliner that will go with most or all shades? I wear mostly sheer shades and glosses... Can anyone recommend a universal liner?

caRpediEm17

i dont own any l/l's but ive heard great reviews on subculture l/l...maybe someone else will know better though

Summer

subculture I would say. I bought it on the recommendation from a MAC MA.

It looked just like my natural lip color so I brought it back.. I hear that is a common problem with this one. I hate to bring things back. I usually keep unwanted items.

Nico.

Subculture is a good liner, but I don't know if I'd call it universal. I've got fairly pink lips and it's really hard to get to show up, then when I do Subculture pretty much looks like my lips but dull. I sort of like it anyway, but don't get it without trying it first.

Jennifer Mcfly

You could look into something called a Reverse lipliner. MAC doesn't have one but I know Duwop does and a couple other brands. It's basically a clear lipliner so it'll go with everything!

AimeeEm

I use the MAC white eye kohl for lining just on + slightly outside my lips when I'm wearing nude or pink on my lips. Works great!
I learned this from a MA.

cherryblossom girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeEm
I use the MAC white eye kohl for lining just on + slightly outside my lips when I'm wearing nude or pink on my lips. Works great!
I learned this from a MA.

Ooh, that sounds like an interesting idea! I've been looking for a reverse lipliner for ages but can't find one... will try putting Fascinating kohl on as l/l today instead and see how that works. Thanks for the tip
smiles.gif

Trax

I was told by a MA that Subculture is the nudest l/l MAC has. Although it doesn't show up on her lips, it shows up on mine and it goes well with all my lip colors. I also have Whirl, Dervish, and Soar...love them all!

solardame

I use MAC Oak l/p (nude beige). I also use Revlon Colorstay in Coffees, and L'Oreal Colour Riche Toffee To Be. Depending on how heavy I apply I can wear them with any color. If it matters my lips are beige-y.

Eventually I would like to get Subculture/Dervish/Whirl depending on how close they are to Oak and if they'll look right on my skin, yellow-green toned.

Latest posts