Advice for makeup/scar/acne

GuyFromLondon

Hi everyone.
A guy here. I'm 24, from London, (straight - not that it matters).

I'd like to ask about options I have. I don't wear much makeup - only a light moisturiser, and a light amount of MAC concealer (NC 42) for under eyes, and a couple of spots that come up from time to time. I had acne as a teenager - bullied, humiliated, and all sorts of stuff - but I'm over most of that now and my skin is quite clear. Having good skin, and being able to conceal things does boost my confidence a lot. Unfortunately, I have one small scar that looks really uneven with the rest of my face. It's a little deep, and makes my skin look rough in the top part of my right cheek. I'm fairly attractive, and it craps out my confidence quite a lot :/ I'm a singer, so people are usually looking around my face, and I will have to be on video/photos. It's small, but I feel awkward in bad lighting and day to day things.

I could upload a picture if necessary. I wanted to know - is there anything I can use to fill the scar with so that it looks even, and/or perhaps being able to put concealer on top? I've heard of Silicone gels for skin/face, and "Dermaflage", but not sure where to go. Please help
smile.png

katred

Specktra Bestie
It might be worth it to invest in a good primer, as many of those can minimise the appearance of scarring. My personal favourite is the Armani Fluidmaster primer, which improves my complexion enough that it practically counts as foundation, but that's an expensive option. There are others that are cheaper.

You might want to look into things that you can incorporate into your skin care routine as well, to help diminish the scar over time. A few suggestions:

- A chemical exfoliant like a cream with AHAs (particularly glycolic acid, since it's the easiest to absorb) will help your skin to regenerate, which will help in shedding accumulated scar tissue.

- Organic Rosehip Oil, which helps to lighten dark patches of skin (including scars) and can improve skin healing.

- Take a supplement with Zinc in it. Zinc is crucial to the formulation of connective tissues like collagen and most people don't get enough through their diet. If you're prone to inflammations of the skin- like acne breakouts- this is especially important, as zinc specifically helps this sort of problem.

And I'm sorry to hear that you were bullied. Congratulations on making it through!

Dominique33

Hi everyone.
A guy here. I'm 24, from London, (straight - not that it matters).

I'd like to ask about options I have. I don't wear much makeup - only a light moisturiser, and a light amount of MAC concealer (NC 42) for under eyes, and a couple of spots that come up from time to time. I had acne as a teenager - bullied, humiliated, and all sorts of stuff - but I'm over most of that now and my skin is quite clear. Having good skin, and being able to conceal things does boost my confidence a lot. Unfortunately, I have one small scar that looks really uneven with the rest of my face. It's a little deep, and makes my skin look rough in the top part of my right cheek. I'm fairly attractive, and it craps out my confidence quite a lot :/ I'm a singer, so people are usually looking around my face, and I will have to be on video/photos. It's small, but I feel awkward in bad lighting and day to day things.

I could upload a picture if necessary. I wanted to know - is there anything I can use to fill the scar with so that it looks even, and/or perhaps being able to put concealer on top? I've heard of Silicone gels for skin/face, and "Dermaflage", but not sure where to go. Please help
smile.png
I would advise you a treatment ( maybe laser I don't know ) in a good clinic. You also have the thermal solution along with a treatment. This may be costly but also effective.
Don't use silicone gels without medical advice, see your doctor or surgeon it's the best way to get rid of skin problems. Have you tried Avène products ( powders, concealers ), normally they are soft for the skin.
Good luck !