Advice Needed! Not MAC but MU related! (newbie)

*AnGeL*

Stila Cosmetics.

First off, apologies on the fact that it's nothing to do with MAC, but I've been browsin this forum for some time now and everyone seems so talented and knowledgable on MU; I figured someone must know!

I absolutely adore the packaging, the colours, the descriptions of most Stila products but was wondering if overall, it's any good? I'm particularly interested in the following products so if anyone's tried/tested/bought any of them, feedback would be much appriciated, thanks!

Eyeshadow Pans (mainly for highlighting)
Shadow Pots (reminds me a little of MAC Pigments, wonder if it's anything like it..?)
Smudge Pots
Browset Pencil
All Over Shimmer
Stila's new skincare range Petal Infusions

Thanks again!

Janice

I like Stila eyeshadows, but I can't vouch for the rest of the products you mentioned. The smudge pots tend to dry out, the AOS is well.... shimmery (and I'm not a shimmer gal), the shadow pots didn't seem very unique, and I haven't tried the new skincare yet.
smiles.gif

mac_obsession

I dislike stila strongly...
The only thing I do like of theirs is their loose shimmer powder. I find their e/s have no staying powder, their lipglosses are egh so so, and the rest of the line I could really care less about. I have a few of the all over shimmers and they are nice and similar to pigments but dustier. I do also like their mascara, and consider I dont like mac's that says something right there.
Ive heard their foundation is good but I dont use liquids so IVe no clue

Onederland

Hahaha I really like Stila...but perhaps im biased. Hahaha..

Eyeshadow Pans - They're nice, not a BIG color selection, but a good portion of them are shimmery neutrals. Which are nice for highlighting!
greengrin.gif

Shadow Pots - I LOVE THESE, It's like whipped cream eyeshadow.

Smudge Pots - No. They dry out like none other, Go with MAC Fluidlines.

Browset Pencil - It's really nice for defining, but no "setting" action going on here.

All Over Shimmer - I love this product, its multi-purpose, and great for out on the town shimmer. Its not really a "candlelight glow" shimmer. But more of a "shimmery goddess" shimmer, ya know? Its perfect, because you can get that sexy look, without having the HUDE grains of shimmer that makes you look like a hooker.

Petal Infusions - The line is OKAY in my opinion, but they smell nice!
greengrin.gif

HTH

*AnGeL*

Makes you look like a hooker! Haha!

Right so roughly 2/3 so-so/negative comments...hm..I think Stila are lucky they've got such pretty packaging seeing as the products themselves don't seem that great, especially for the price!

Great help tho, thanks everyone! =)

Cyn

My friend swears by their foundation, so one of these days I'm going to have to try it. She says it has great coverage and feels very light.

*AnGeL*

Yeah I've also read pretty good reviews about their foundation

I actually just read the thread about fave MU brands and Stila's there in almost every post! I guess it's just one of them Maybe-Baby brands, depending on the person, guess I'll have to go out and just try it for myself!

Thanks everyone !