All Things Sephora

Rinstar

I really like it and only get a slight white cast if I use too much. I just mist with a moisturizing toner and completely rub it into skin. But like I said, I normally don't get the white cast. I'm NW45-NC50.
I'm wearing this today and the finish is pretty matte, if anyone is looking for that in a ss. I think I prefer the Josie Maran one though. My skin is really dry and that one is more moisturizing. Will keep trying the Elta MD though.

cupcake28

Hey ladies, I just got a sunscreen setting spray from Coola. It is a mist that you spray over your makeup and it sets it. It has an SPF of 30 and contains green tea, aloe, and hyaluronic acic. It says it's organic as well. I got it from Sephora and it sprays on clear, dries matte- no white cast.

stephshopaholic

Hey ladies, I just got a sunscreen setting spray from Coola.  It is a mist that you spray over your makeup and it sets it.  It has an SPF of 30 and contains green tea, aloe, and hyaluronic acic.  It says it's organic as well.  I got it from Sephora and it sprays on clear, dries matte- no white cast.
I have this in my cart I'm going to get it next time I have the $$ it sounds like a good way to reapply sunscreen without wrecking your makeup

Shars

Hey ladies, I just got a sunscreen setting spray from Coola. It is a mist that you spray over your makeup and it sets it. It has an SPF of 30 and contains green tea, aloe, and hyaluronic acic. It says it's organic as well. I got it from Sephora and it sprays on clear, dries matte- no white cast.
Interesting. I also see they have a regular cream that dries matte. I wonder how it would work under your makeup.

Gaiya

I really like the idea of this. I wish it had just a bit more SPF but probably better than not re-applying. I do like how it is broadspectrum. It has avobenzone which is a good broadspectrum agent. The other three ingredients listed don't adhere to skin easily so probably not good for people who sweat a lot would be my only concern. It doesn't contain any physical sunscreen so it shouldn't give you the white cast. I really hope they come out with a higher SPF.

EDIT haha nevermind, they have one with a higher SPF, although not a setting spray. :(

That awesome moment things you learned in school is actually relevant to life. WHOO.

mel33t

Also side rant/question about being Rouge. I'm really annoyed with the Rouge program. The free shipping isn't really a perk anymore due to the 2day shipping for a year thing for $10... and the only worthwhile perk I received during my two years of being Rouge was the full sized Dior lipstick I know not a lot of people were lucky to claim. I've noticed some Rouge members get "just because" gifts for being active in the sephora community. How active do you have to be to received gifts? If it's like 500 posts, nevermind lol.
Yeah, I don't feel like the Rouge program is worth it. I've never heard of the gifting for posting a lot, but honestly I only do reviews on their website if I really loved something.

KiKi Kontour

Also side rant/question about being Rouge.

I'm really annoyed with the Rouge program. The free shipping isn't really a perk anymore due to the 2day shipping for a year thing for $10... and the only worthwhile perk I received during my two years of being Rouge was the full sized Dior lipstick I know not a lot of people were lucky to claim.

I've noticed some Rouge members get "just because" gifts for being active in the sephora community.
How active do you have to be to received gifts? If it's like 500 posts, nevermind lol.
Yes I peeped how some folks get "just because" gifts too and im thinkin its if they review a lot. I notice they get brush sets or those pantone palette's

laurennnxox

Looking for suggestions on some nice soft nude glosses. I'm really into peachy and/or pinky nude lips lately and I realized most of my glosses are very bright. I have a hard time finding a pretty nude gloss that doesn't look like I smeared milk or liquid concealer on my lips and doesn't settle into lip lines.

I've got a list of 14-ish possibilities written down to check out next time I'm in sephora this week. Looking to add more to the list!
girlhaha.gif

Monsy

Looking for suggestions on some nice soft nude glosses. I'm really into peachy and/or pinky nude lips lately and I realized most of my glosses are very bright. I have a hard time finding a pretty nude gloss that doesn't look like I smeared milk or liquid concealer on my lips and doesn't settle into lip lines.

I've got a list of 14-ish possibilities written down to check out next time I'm in sephora this week. Looking to add more to the list!
girlhaha.gif

Givenchy glGivenchy gloss interdit in Impertinent nudeossGivenchy gloss interdit in Impertinent nude interdit in Impertinent nude

LV2EVOLVE

Looking for suggestions on some nice soft nude glosses. I'm really into peachy and/or pinky nude lips lately and I realized most of my glosses are very bright. I have a hard time finding a pretty nude gloss that doesn't look like I smeared milk or liquid concealer on my lips and doesn't settle into lip lines. I've got a list of 14-ish possibilities written down to check out next time I'm in sephora this week. Looking to add more to the list! :haha:
Surratt Nudite is thick and moisturizing. Not pigmented, but it looks beautiful over Nu De Soleil lipstick. Overall, it does give a thick, moisturized feel to the lips with good sheen. I don't like the packaging of the lipstick, but will keep it.

Alysse011

Looking for suggestions on some nice soft nude glosses. I'm really into peachy and/or pinky nude lips lately and I realized most of my glosses are very bright. I have a hard time finding a pretty nude gloss that doesn't look like I smeared milk or liquid concealer on my lips and doesn't settle into lip lines. I've got a list of 14-ish possibilities written down to check out next time I'm in sephora this week. Looking to add more to the list! :haha:
Chantecaille Lucky. Not at sephora, but it's a nice nude gloss.

Twinkle_Twinkle

How do you like it? I misted it on my hand in the store but I didn't like the way it smelled. There is also the Supergoop SPF spray. I want to get one of these and use it with my PTR mineral sunscreen for on the go protection.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I really like the idea of this. I wish it had just a bit more SPF but probably better than not re-applying. I do like how it is broadspectrum. It has avobenzone which is a good broadspectrum agent. The other three ingredients listed don't adhere to skin easily so probably not good for people who sweat a lot would be my only concern. It doesn't contain any physical sunscreen so it shouldn't give you the white cast. I really hope they come out with a higher SPF.

EDIT haha nevermind, they have one with a higher SPF, although not a setting spray. :(

That awesome moment things you learned in school is actually relevant to life. WHOO.
Supergoop makes a makeup setting sunscreen spray with SPF 50 called Defense Refresh Setting Mist. I think that's what I am going to try. It's cheaper than Coola but it isn't organic.

crystalzi

I tried the supergoop yesterday while at Disneyland. Hated the smell but it did fade after about 10 mins. Didn't help with the ️️makeup fading at all like the ud setting spray. It being a spray it's impossible not to get it into your eyes and wow did it burn my eyes. So my eyes watered like crazy and ruined my eyeliner. So counterproductive lol.

Prettypackages

The "white cast" is most likely due to physical sunscreen ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide... they provide a physical barrier between the skin and the sun (so the white cast makes sense). So I suggest avoiding these ingredients if you want something that doesn't cause a white cast.

I've personally used Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch with Helioplex sunblock under my foundation. I like it cause it's not greasy. In order to get good sun screen benefit, you need a product that says "broadspectrum coverage" with at least SPF 35 (that is the minimum for manufacturers to claim "protects against skin cancer"). I don't know for certain if cosmetics with SPF are broad spectrum. There hasn't been much proven benefit going over SPF 50, but it's probably not harmful.

It is recommended to reapply sunscreen at least every 2 hours... (no matter how high your SPF is) which isn't really practical when you're wearing makeup. I try to wear a wide brimmed hat instead of relying solely on the sunscreen.

Hope the information helps. Whoo pharmacy school.
I've been wondering how are we supposed to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours. It seems impossible.

jenise

Sephora gloss in perfect nude, ABH in undressed, the new Lorac & UD glosses also have nice nudes

TwiggyPop

Also side rant/question about being Rouge. I'm really annoyed with the Rouge program. The free shipping isn't really a perk anymore due to the 2day shipping for a year thing for $10... and the only worthwhile perk I received during my two years of being Rouge was the full sized Dior lipstick I know not a lot of people were lucky to claim. I've noticed some Rouge members get "just because" gifts for being active in the sephora community. How active do you have to be to received gifts? If it's like 500 posts, nevermind lol.
What Sephora community are they referring to?

TwiggyPop

So the other day I was missing a couple of my CC creams, the eyeliner I use on my waterline and a few glosses. I have so much makeup that I don't even know if anything else is missing. I found my kajal liner in the dirty hamper, a broken Tarte lip stain and a few of my shadows were gauged. Not to mention a couple of my brushes are looking really ragged. So unless my concrete business owning fiancé has been cross dressing I'd say my 3 year old daughter has been going a little too crazy with my makeup. I've been meaning to get a new organizer for my makeup, but couldn't find one that I really wanted. Finally I decided on a locking tool cabinet and I'm on my way to pick up this beauty....
50fcd528_image.jpeg
I know I'll end up getting another one soon, but for now I'll keep whatever doesn't fit in there in the bins in my bedroom and keep the door closed. Eventually when I start building my empire I'm going to get this!!!
00384a30_image.jpeg