all you Sephora LOVAS!!!

Iridescence

Hey Everyone....for all you Sephora lovers out there I need your help. I'm venturing out Monday with my mom to a store that is an hour away.
I want to try mineral foundation and I've heard many good things about Bare Escentuals so I'm going to give that a go...no does Sephora give samples out?

my second question: I see Urban Decay has surreal mineral makeup...has anyone tried it? and I'm NW 20 can I wear this foundation...I see they have in their description, "best for yellow undertones."

TIA....

MAC_Pixie04

most of the UD surreal skins are more yellow based.

you can get a sample of BE, but I personally don't like to give them out because you need the brushes and the use of the foundation container lid to get the best application. My way of "sampling" BE is to put it on a client, make an appointment for them to come back later or the next day and tell me what they thought of it. It's very very hard for us to sample BE foundations.

Iridescence

ok....hmm..well I do live an hour away and I really want to try this foundation. What is the return policy ( I hate doing that) but if it breaks me out I am wasting almost 30 bucks...Have you had many ppl say that it breaks them out??

pixichik77

Bare Minerals didn't like my skin, and I never did find a really good shade. I checked the Mineral Makeup board and ordered a bunch of samples from other companies in tons of shades. I was pleased, and able to try it out at home, with my routine. But that's just my opinion.

Iridescence

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixichik77
Bare Minerals didn't like my skin, and I never did find a really good shade. I checked the Mineral Makeup board and ordered a bunch of samples from other companies in tons of shades. I was pleased, and able to try it out at home, with my routine. But that's just my opinion.

ahhh..what companies did you go through? I was going to try Alima and Everyday Minerals if BE doesn't work out for me...Its getting depressing. I can't find anything for my skin.... :confused:

MAC_Pixie04

We have a really lax return policy, if it doesn't work out for you you can return it for the tender you paid with your receipt, or you can do an exchange without your receipt.

mistella

I used to wear Bare Minerals and liked it but then I started to try other lines and found them wayyy better. Bare Minerals has an ingredient in it that makes you look shiny. It's called bismuth, I think. but yea, you can always try and return. Sephora is great about that.

saniyairshad

Bare MInerals and I didnt go well. It made me break out, make sure u let an MA test it on you I think that would be the safest bet, even though I know u said u wont be going, try to get samples, like what u mentioned. It's not worth spending money on a foundation to find it making u break out

pixichik77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridescence
ahhh..what companies did you go through? I was going to try Alima and Everyday Minerals if BE doesn't work out for me...Its getting depressing. I can't find anything for my skin.... :confused:

Everyday Minerals, Aubrey Nicole, Lumiere Cosmetics, and Meow. Have fun. And most/ all of those don't use bismuth oxychloride.

thelove4tequila

I tried the free sample of Everday Minerals and I love it. I love how they have different finishes and their custom kits are AMAZING. You can even choose the brushes you want. How cool is that? Very.