am i doing something wrong?

swt_int3ntions

hi guys, this is my first post [other than the welcome post]

I am a Studio Fix NC40 and I use Studio Finish NC35 concealer. I apply the concealer under my eyes with a Bare Essentials concealer brush. After I put light powder on top of it, it looks like the bags on my eyes are emphasized or darker. Is this something that I've been doing wrong? I moisturize every morning and night but it seems like the colour changes...

Can someone please go over the appropriate way to put it or any solutions from those who have heard or experienced this before please? Thanks in advance
greengrin.gif

Hope this isnt a case of just me going crazy
greengrin.gif

Hawkeye

you may be using the wrong color concealer. Also I wouldn't put the powder on top of the concealer. The reason being is it may be the culpret as well.

What I would do is really moisturize under the eye. Use a good eye moisturizer-apply it night and day. During the day when you apply it wait about 15 minutes before applying your makeup.

Then Use a color corrector like apricot blend (From smashbox) which helps counter the blueness and darkness.

Also I would go to Laura Mercier (I have bags under my eyes and I swear on her concealer) and try that-because it's very creamy and it won't draw attention to the bags. Another thing you may want to do is try her secret brightening powder- it sets into the eyes and reflects light but it also counteracts the darkness.

But I really thing that the color may be wrong along with the lack of moisture.

HTHS

swt_int3ntions

Thanks for the quick replies.
I'm going to try moisturizing more often under the eyes and keep an eye out for the correcting colours.
The concealer was originally bought for the freckles on the apples of my cheek but i found that when i put it on, it caked my foundation and left spots on my face so thats something that I should probably look further into as well lol