An Iraqi School girl's experience of life in Iraq since the war

gigglegirl

wow....I cannot imagine. Such turmoil and its hard enough to lose a parent whenever it happens, but in such a violent way.
ssad.gif

Thanks for sharing Nunu. I really like checking out news from the BBC and Reuters, as I seem a bit sheltered in my Canadian city and am trying to be more aware, so this helps.

nunu

It makes us aware that there are less fotunate people in life and that we should be content with our life.

newagetomatoz

That is such a sad, but true story and really brings what's going on in Iraq into perspective. So many people have experienced the same things that she has, and it is really depressing to know that that is some people's reality.

It is so easy to distance ourselves from it when we are not directly effected. Thanks, nunu for this touching post.

aaj83

OMG!
ssad.gif

I hope this war ends soon..and i hope that the ppl who are doing all of this ACTUALLY understand what they have done ....the sad part is..they haven't stopped yet!

kimmy

this is going to sound terribly insensitive, but this all just seems like anti-war propaganda to me.

yeah, it's sad that she lost her father to war, but so have thousands of american kids...and nobody ever seems to feel bad for them. their stories aren't ever on the news. their tears are never spread among the world wide web to ensure that everyone across the planet feels their pain.

i think the pain of war is spread equally, i just hate to see everything in the media so one-sided.

urbanlilyfairy

i cannot imagine losing a parent and also dealing with the life living amongst war after such a tragedy. What a beautiful and strong woman she is. My heart goes out to her and her families and all of the innocent civillians in Iraq.

=/

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
this is going to sound terribly insensitive, but this all just seems like anti-war propaganda to me.

yeah, it's sad that she lost her father to war, but so have thousands of american kids...and nobody ever seems to feel bad for them. their stories aren't ever on the news. their tears are never spread among the world wide web to ensure that everyone across the planet feels their pain.

i think the pain of war is spread equally, i just hate to see everything in the media so one-sided.

I didn't mean to offend anyone, just thought i'll post something that touched my heart and share it with others. I didn't mean to just portray one side of the story. I agree with you that the pain of war is spread equally and i am not attacking anyone by posting this link.

athena123

Whether one is opposed to the war or not, war is a terrible thing. It helps to recognize, honor and respect the horror on all sides; when we FORGET how inhumane and yet all too human war really is, we're more prone to repeat it.

A war fought in vain is the worst one of all....

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I didn't mean to offend anyone, just thought i'll post something that touched my heart and share it with others. I didn't mean to just portray one side of the story. I agree with you that the pain of war is spread equally and i am not attacking anyone by posting this link.

i wasn't offended.
smiles.gif
i actually think it's a really good story for people to see...i just don't want people forgetting that there are others out there like her, she isn't the only victim and that the middle east isn't the only place that's been hurt by this.

user79

Nunu -

You should check out this blog:

Baghdad Burning

It's a girl that started a blog right as the war began (her entries start July 2003), and her blog showcases and documents the day to day life of Iraqi's during the war. It's very good, actually the blog became very famous and it has been published as a book, you should check the book out if you're interested in that. She comments a lot on the published news stories of the war, and adds her own critique on them as a normal citizen of the country. Basically, it's an insider's view of the war in Iraq without all the media etc.

link to the book on amazon

They published a 2nd one as well, basically a continuation of her online blog.

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Nunu -

You should check out this blog:

Baghdad Burning

It's a girl that started a blog right as the war began (her entries start July 2003), and her blog showcases and documents the day to day life of Iraqi's during the war. It's very good, actually the blog became very famous and it has been published as a book, you should check the book out if you're interested in that. She comments a lot on the published news stories of the war, and adds her own critique on them as a normal citizen of the country. Basically, it's an insider's view of the war in Iraq without all the media etc.

link to the book on amazon

They published a 2nd one as well, basically a continuation of her online blog.

Thank you girl! I didn't know that!! Will check it out
smiles.gif

Shadowy Lady

thanks for this post Nunu.
Being born during the 8-year Iran-Iraq in iran, I can totally relate to what people are going through in Iraq right now. The was is hard on both sides. But there's definitely no question as to which side has had the most casualties in this case. Hope that our politicians act smarter and we never see the begining of another war.

Odette

There are two sides to every war and two different realities. The media acts as a filter to all news and not all points of view are equally or truthfully represented by either side. The uniqueness of the internet is that it allows everyone to state their point of view, unfiltered or not. No matter what side you are on, everyone suffers the consequences of war.

babiid0llox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy

Well I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive or anything, but how many of those American children's fathers went out to kill other human beings. I live in Australia and all I ever hear is sympathy for the 'troops doin it tough'.

I agree that the media shows everything so one-sided as they not describe the true extents of the crimes committed by international soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Bootyliciousx

This is really sad. I can't even imagine how someone that young can understand death. I mean, an 18 year old or even a 30 year old cannot deal with death, how is someone that young suppose to comprehend death. She is a very strong person.

darkishstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiid0llox
Well I'm sorry if this sounds insensitive or anything, but how many of those American children's fathers went out to kill other human beings. I live in Australia and all I ever hear is sympathy for the 'troops doin it tough'.

I agree that the media shows everything so one-sided as they not describe the true extents of the crimes committed by international soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

It is insensitive to say so. Those fathers act on military orders, why is it their fault? Instead of kill or shoot who they are ordered to kill and shoot, would you rather those fathers die as well? That would be equally sad for the American children. They have no choice, if they don't do that and they are in the battleground, they will be shot and killed as well. It's kill or be killed in war, sorry to say. I have sympathy for both sides, those who were killed on both sides and those who have to kill or are ordered to kill on both sides. Both are equally tramatic. You hear so many stories of veterans that have nightmares or severe depression. It is not the troops' fault for following orders, I hardly believe any of them want to kill anyone, it is the American government's fault for sending troops there in the first place.

Something needs to change and I believe the war needs to be stopped because all of this killing is wrong. But I will not blame troops for following orders.

babiid0llox

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
It is insensitive to say so. Those fathers act on military orders, why is it their fault? Instead of kill or shoot who they are ordered to kill and shoot, would you rather those fathers die as well? That would be equally sad for the American children. They have no choice, if they don't do that and they are in the battleground, they will be shot and killed as well. It's kill or be killed in war, sorry to say. I have sympathy for both sides, those who were killed on both sides and those who have to kill or are ordered to kill on both sides. Both are equally tramatic. You hear so many stories of veterans that have nightmares or severe depression. It is not the troops' fault for following orders, I hardly believe any of them want to kill anyone, it is the American government's fault for sending troops there in the first place.

Something needs to change and I believe the war needs to be stopped because all of this killing is wrong. But I will not blame troops for following orders.

Yes, but did anyone force them to sign up to the army when there is a high possibility that they will be sent out?