Another 'Match my dress please'

coffeesky

I really envy some of the looks you guys have managed to create in the pictures I've seen on here and would love to have the chance to create something equally sensational for my ball/prom coming up in a few weeks time. So, here's my dress, I'm hazel eyed with mousy brown hair, what would you recommend. Preferably pigments because I'm on a budget and I can buy samples of them instead of whole things.

Thanks in advance guys

balldress4ve.jpg

Corvs Queen

What a gorgeous dress!!!
I would say go with a golden color on the inside corner of the eye then use a color like coppering or similar on the outer part of the eye and use a nice matte brown in the crease like espresso or embark and highlight with vanilla. Just not too much. Go easy with liner, blush and lipcolor. I think that Love Nectar lustreglass would kick ass with this dress. Hope that helps.

Oh and for pigments I would say maybe Melon, Vanilla and Coco would look great. Have fun!

Rowan

Hot dress! Are you only looking for e/s recs? If so, since your dress is a bold color, maybe go neutral on the eyes to keep the focus on it. Lily White, Goldenaire (LE, but you said you could buy samples...) & Tan would look good. I was thinking a rich brown in the outer v too. Something similar to Chocolate Brown, which the precautions list indicates is not eye safe? Check your collection though, you probably already have a rich brown that'll do.
smiles.gif

inlucesco

I would use rose pigment heavily as the main lid color, and keep the rest of the makeup neutral. Love the dress!

mitsukai

if you want to go a bit brighter, i did an eye combo the other day that would have been sooo cute with this! i used in living pink (the new one from sundressing), expensive pink, and the orange from the NARS mediteranee duo, its a super bright orange
smiles.gif
its expensive though so if you wont wear it all the time, eh. coppering or something might work as well. use the pinks on the inside and go to orange/gold on an outside. its bright but might be cute
smiles.gif

glittergoddess27

Wow beautiful dress! I would go a light shimmery eye,.. I agree with Rowan's Lilly white or Goldenaire (Apricot Pink, White Gold) on the lid,.. maybe a Marilyn Monroe-ish liner job on the upper lid,.. Big fat lashes,.. A slight blush on your cheeks,.. maybe springsheen or Pinkerpeach Trustfund,.. and go for the red lips baby! (Russian Red with Instant Gold Lipglass over it)

Hawkeye

Edited: I just saw Glitter Goddess' response (God Im slow! Sorry!!) and I totally agree with her! But Im still gonna leave my suggestion up
smiles.gif

I love that dress-

Tan pigment from lashline to crease
Vanilla pigment on browbone, inner corners
Black eyeliner
Black mascara

a matte bright fushia lipstick (or the color that matches your dress)

think: a twist on Marilyn Monroe/ a 1940's pinup

glittergoddess27

Hmm,.. ya know,. Pink Grapefruit lipglass would be killer with that dress,.. now that I am home and looking at my drawer of wonders,....

Latest posts