Any advice on how to proceed with fake seller!

BellaItalia1969

Hello girlies
yahoo.gif
firstly may i say how glad im that i have been recommended this site by seller Julie150x

Would like some advice on how to proceed,i will try to be brief ,i bought a Mac Zoom lash,off seller vickiray1979,the photo showed genuine Mac Zoom lash,after receieving i knew asap that it was a counterfeit as I use this mascara all the time.A)packaging looks almost authentic apart that is slightely darker black than the genuine Mac,B)it is also shorter in lenght,C)the actual tube is very dark black almost carbon with slight sheen,D)smell is very plasticky,E)the brush is totally different too
F)it has Zoom lash on the side but weird sticker with Plushblack!
Of course the batch code is missing too
choochoo.gif

Now i have left big,fat FACTUAL negative for the seller,although i did emailed them first!I have filed for SNAD and counterfeit,but the seller is saying that i dont know my Mac products and this mascara is genuine
angry.gif

Now Paypal emailed me this "As we need to verify that the item in
question is counterfeit, we request verification from a qualified third
party. We require that you obtain written proof from an unbiased third-party, such
as a dealer, appraiser, or organisation qualified in the area of the item
in question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not
authentic. It should be clear from the document how the item you received
differs from an authentic one and give a detailed explanation of how the
person evaluating the item determined that it?s not authentic."
ssad.gif

I have already emailed Mac consumer services,with my query and i have also forwarded this seller ebay ID and photos of the fakes he sold!i will be reporting him to ebay for non performance etc.Would Trading Standars help?Any advice girls,would be reallllyyyy appreciated
yes.gif

Will u/l picture of the fake later ...
Thank you
specktra_rocks.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaItalia1969
Now Paypal emailed me this "As we need to verify that the item in
question is counterfeit, we request verification from a qualified third
party. We require that you obtain written proof from an unbiased third-party, such
as a dealer, appraiser, or organisation qualified in the area of the item
in question (other than yourself), which clearly identifies the item as not
authentic. It should be clear from the document how the item you received
differs from an authentic one and give a detailed explanation of how the
person evaluating the item determined that it?s not authentic."
ssad.gif

Do you know any makeup artists?

I would consider one of them to be an unbiased third party, if you give them an authentic tube and the counterfeit side by side and include pics in the document they should be able to easily identify it.

Korms

Try taking it to a MAC counter, get one the MA's or even better, the manager to do it for you making sure they give the contact details of the counter so Paypal could verify if needed. Take photo's of the products side by side and show that to Paypal also.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!
smiles.gif

speedygirl247

Tell paypal you need more time to confirm with the brand owner that the item is fake. Send the item to mac, DO NOT tell them you bought it from ebay - say it was a present but you are concerned as the features of the product differ to one you bought recently at a counter or free standing store. Telephone paypal to ask for the extention, don't email them. if you dont get the extention then escalate to a claim the day before the 'complaint' deadline and this will buy you some more time, at least another 2 weeks.

julie150463

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korms
Try taking it to a MAC counter, get one the MA's or even better, the manager to do it for you making sure they give the contact details of the counter so Paypal could verify if needed. Take photo's of the products side by side and show that to Paypal also.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress!
smiles.gif

BellaItallia1969 contacted me last night - she took the mascara to a MAC counter and they're sending it to their labs
smiles.gif
Have also advised her to contact paypal for an exension.