Anyone else?

LittleDevil

Ok, so before I bought my first MAC products I used to go to the drugstore and buy things ALL the time!! I mean I have TONS of drugstore products and I am not saying I dont like them I just feel completely different now that I have discovered MAC. I have had 3 REALLY GOOD hauls from MAC and now I find it absolutely impossible to buy something from the drugstore. I was looking at some swatches of Milani eyeshadows and I thought they were really pretty so I went to Walgreens and CVS and at both places I couldnt bring myself to buy them. Now if I was at a MAC counter that would have been an entire different story!! Its not that I couldnt afford them its that I would rather spend the money on MAC when I get a chance. It's really weird what MAC has done to me!!! Has anyone else ever experienced this or something similar or am I just a freak?

MACATTAK

I feel that way all the time! Even if the products look good, I still have it in my mind that it's not as good as Mac. Since drugstore prices have really gone up for makeup, I justify it that way....thinking that for a couple more dollars I could buy something Mac.

Hilly

ITA! I gave away ALL my non-"designer" makeup to this chick I know (who ended up tossing it all..what a waste). I even got rid of Two Faced stuff (which i regret because it is pretty nice too). But I really wont buy anything other than MAC, Stila, or UD. Snobby maybe, but I know the color is basically "what you see is what you get" and will last all day.

Susanne

I started with MAC two years ago. Meanwhile I am addicted
winkiss.gif
and just buy MAC exclusively! I just wear MAC products and did throw everything else away I had bought and used before. There is no comparison between the quality of MAC and of drugstore lines IMO!
Make up in a drugstore or other brands can look as good as it wants - I won't buy it anymore
winks.gif

persephonewillo

you gals are not alone! i still have some of my drugstore makeup, but find i rarely use it. except Covergirl's LashBlast mascara, it's all sort of been pushed to the side for my love of MAC. i go to the makeup section at the drugstore and look, but buy? very very very rarely.

i couldn't resist buying a few HIP eyeshadows. they look so marvelous in the pan. but their performance isn't a sure fire thing... some shadows are beautifully pigmented, others don't show up at all. and at $10... gah. for $6 more i can get a shadow at MAC that i know will perform!

CantAffordMAC

Uh I do the same thing. I never buy anything at a drugstore unless its mascara and lipgloss. Its just.....I just can't lol. We had a buy one get one free sale at my job for the CG fruit spritzers lipgloss which isn't bad at all, but I forgot to pick some up.

The only thing I ever buy at drugstores is mascara, really. I'd rather spend 10 extra dollars and buy MAC. lmaooo. I just can't go back to using other things. And its a shame because half the time even NARS and other high end brands don't interest me.
th_dunno.gif

panther27

I used to buy drugstore makeup all the time till I discovered MAC.Never again will I buy drugstore crap again.There is nothing like MAC
thmbup.gif

newagetomatoz

That is how I used to be too! I was completely drugstore then I discovered MAC and fell in love. Only in the past few months I've been buying drugstore again. But it is mostly just mascara, chapstick, lipgloss, foundation, and nailpolish. For those things, I really can't justify spending the MAC prices on. I really don't wear lipgloss, mascara is a crap-shoot with any brand and I just love my foundation so much that I see no point in changing. I think lately that it is the skyrocketing prices of drugstore make-up that turns me off. For just a few dollars more I can have a MAC shadow that I know will preform all day.

But really, I like to try new products through BOGO sales (Revlon's A Floral Affair in Peachy Keen--even bought a backup) and sometimes I find winners. And if I don't like it, I can give it to my sister in hopes of improving her collection beyong NYC and WnW. I guess I just buy what I like and want now, regardless if it is MAC, high-end, or low-end--just whatever makes me happy.

LittleDevil

I am so glad I am not the only one that feels this way. When I was standing there debating on if I should buy that green Milani eyeshadow or not, I thought to myself I wonder if any of the specktra ladies go through this same thing. Thank god you do as well.

CantAffordMAC

It kills me that drugstore makeup is even trying to have limited edition stuff now.

And dont even get me started on H.I.P.....get the hell outta here!

User93

i'm all the same aswell... i used to have tons of make-up before... drugstore brands, or different high-end ones. All in quite a mess, espetialy that huge pack of drugstore goods.. And i hted it so much, cause sometimes you buy that quite cheap make-up and wohoo, you like it for the 1st day, but then it gets all messy, and you're just waiting for it to finish damn it, and it never does. Now i like some minimalism in my make-up bag. I no more have lots of drugstore blushes or powders. hardly suiting me or each other, i got rid of lots of stuff in my make-up bag (threw away, gave to a friend, sold high-end ones) so now i have my mac all organised. Buying mac prevents me from buying lots of drugstore goods, i keep in mind id rather save up for 1 mac blush instead etc.. Plus, i felt it just this summer - damn, loving mac prevents me from spending money even on luxury brands, like today i was checking out summer of Givenchy and Dior, ok, these are nice, but thats not mac.... and no matter now i liked that givenchy powder and lipgloss, i didnt want to buy it at all. yay.

Jello89

Haha Im a Makeup snob too-_- MAC, Lancome, Dior, Benefit... I cant do drugstore makeup anymore. I was introduced to this high end makeup pretty early too. Since I had no allowance as a kid, and my mom wouldnt buy me makeup, shed just give me hers every time she would Haul. which was quite often. And she got alot of samples and gifts that she would give to me. Her favorite brand is Lancome. So that was the only thing I used for the longest time. And when I did have money, but not alot, I would buy drugstore stuff, but was never happy with it
ssad.gif
So I started saving up and buying one thing a month or something lol. Now I have money(sometimes lol) So I can spend it on what I want! I think its just natural for people to to feel that way. If you have experienced both, you can see that one is better than the other, so you cant justify wasting money on one cause its cheaper...

talste

Me to
yes.gif
I've been sucked in by the MAC marketing machine, I just gotta have all those L.E colour collections.

coachkitten

I don't buy any makeup at the drug store anymore except for mascara. The main reason is that it seems like drug store makeup prices have gone up soooo much. I'm sorry but I am not paying $9 for a L'Oreal lipstick when I could spend a few dollars more to get one from MAC. I also am an admitted makeup snob and I just don't think that those products perform as well as MAC and other department store brands.

iluffyew769769

I am the same way. I was at Ulta yesterday, looking at NYX and I couldn't bring myself to buy one. My thought process was "2 of those is the same as one MAC"

toby_is_cute

I am a makeup snob too! I don't have any makeup in my makeup bag
that is not MAC or Bare Escentuals. Even mascara!