application of e/s on lower lid

notmyhand

I have a problem with applying eyeshadow on the lower lid. I love the look and always attempt to do it, yet each time with disastrous results. My problem is that it looks flawless when I put it on but within half an hour the outsides of my sides start to tear and wipe half of the eyeshadow off. I don't have that problem when I only wear eyeshadow on the upper lid so I don't think its because I'm allergic to it, just because I have bad application. Does anyone else have this problem and how do you avoid it? Thanks!!

user79

I have the same problem sometimes. I have really watery sensitive eyes, so what I do is when I apply, I try to get absolutely no eyeshadow into my eye. It's hard because some of it will fling off the brush you're using, but just be really careful when applying. Then when you're done, you can take a q-tip and I wet it with saliva (don't use water, it can be too hard and sting) and gently wipe away any eyeshadow that's made it's way into my eye and into the tear duct. When that's all removed, your eyes should water less. Remember, your eyes water when something is irritating them and it tries to wash out the irritant.

notmyhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
The infamous Urban Decay Primer Potion might be helpful? :]

I do use it but it still doesn't help on the lower lid.
ssad.gif

Jaim

I get this when I use purples and put them really close to the outer corners of my eyes. I'm probably allergic to the dyes but am too stubborn to stop using the purples entirely. Haha.

Maybe try to put less shadow on the lower lid and focus on the places where your eyes don't get irritated.
smiles.gif

Latest posts