Applying lashes w/ nails.

Kels823

So I tried applying my first strip of lashes today (on myself, I normally individiuals). Couldnt get it very close to the lashline. Im pretty sure it has something to do w/ my nails?

Does neone here have longer nails but still wears lashes? If so, is there some sort off secret or just keep practicing? Someone suggested tweezers....
hmm.gif

TIA!!
clap.gif

ebonyannette

I use tweezers and my fingers to apply them, actually it should be easier with acrylics/long nails.
I start from the middle and press it down on the sides once I get it in position, dont be afraid to put them on closer or once you have them on push them down a bit while the glue is still wet.

maxcat

If you're having trouble, try using a toothpick or pulled apart bobby pin to nudge the lashes in. Also, start by sticking the middle part down first, then do the corners.

MacMonster

Ohh - nice tips here! I have ALWAYS had issues applying these things. I had my nails grown out very long too and I kept poking my eye. haha. I finally cut my nails due to scratching my boyfriend, his dog and myself. I love the bobbypin tip, I have a ton of these and never thought to use them for this. I have been using a decottoned cotton swab stick!

hyperRealGurl

i would more agree with tweezers.. an orange stick will come in handy when tryinto move the lashes in place.. (orange stick) it looks like a chop stick"

i use tweezer to apply my lashes full & indavidual

Shimmer

if any of you guys are sensitive to latex, be aware that almost all lash glues have latex in them. I found out the hard way.
weeping.gif

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
if any of you guys are sensitive to latex, be aware that almost all lash glues have latex in them. I found out the hard way.
weeping.gif

jamie u might want to check out Vincent Longo lash glue they make non-latex lash glue
smiles.gif