applying makeup to others...

Shavwi

Any one have any tips about blending eyeshadow on other people? I can do everything else, but I can not seem to be able to blend eyeshadow on others. I did my friends makeup and my blending was just awful - I just can't seen to blend out the crease. I have no problem doing my own eyemakeup, but I just can't blend on others. Any tips? Thanks!

Janice

Shavwi, what brush do you use for blending? It could be as simple as the tool you are using.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Shavwi, what brush do you use for blending? It could be as simple as the tool you are using.

totally Agree..... also this may sound dumb, but how do u positon the face when ur trying to blend on others? i find that when i tilt the head back some it makes it easier for me to blend the E/s

Shavwi

I use my 217 for blending - is this good or would you reccomend something else?

I actually never thought to tilt anyone's head back - that's a good idea! I'll definitely try that next time!

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavwi
I use my 217 for blending - is this good or would you reccomend something else?

I actually never thought to tilt anyone's head back - that's a good idea! I'll definitely try that next time!

not sure about the 217 brush...sorry
ssad.gif
the only MAC brush i own is the 187.

glittergoddess27

Hmm,.. When I do all my myelf or my girlfriends I either use the 217 also,.. or the 224. And tilting the head back is a good tip,.. You can see what you are doing better specially if you are working with a light source from a higher level.

LisaR

Yes, use good blender & fluff brushes...a smudge brush if you need it. I also try to make sure the skin is stable so that the shadow goes on smooth. To do this I use my thumb on the outer part of the eye (don't tug) but hold it firm so when your brush moves from outter to inner corner the skin doesn't move and your brush moves evenly & smoothly. For older women I generally put my thumb just aove the middle to outer portion of the brow and gently pull up & out firming up the skin around the eye so it doesn't move around. Any little creases smooth out and the shadow goes on smoothly. It's easier to see the bone structure this way too.

You might also try "patting" on the color where you want it and then using a fluff brush to blend, blend, blend.

HTH!
smiles.gif

Shavwi

Thanks so much everyone for your suggestions - they have really given me a lot of ideas on how to get better at applying makeup to others
smiles.gif
I really appreciate your advice!

Latest posts