Appropriate Pink Eyeshadow

charismaticlime

Recently I've been in the mood for a pink eyeshadow, and although I already own Expensive Pink (I'm NC30, asian), I find it a little orange for my taste and hard to work with on its own. I hear alot of people worrying about the 'pink eye' look when it comes to this particular shade and I was wondering how I can avoid it. Also, it would help if anyone has any suggestions as to what other shades I should get to make Expensive Pink work better on me.

~LadyLocks~

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
I hear alot of people worrying about the 'pink eye' look when it comes to this particular shade and I was wondering how I can avoid it. Also, it would help if anyone has any suggestions as to what other shades I should get to make Expensive Pink work better on me.

What do you mean about the "pink eye" look? I've never herd of that. I just baught expensive pink myself and i've been trying to figure out what combos looks best with this color. Yesterday I wore Wookwinked in the inner corner, Expensive Pink in the outer, and Antiques in the outer v blended into the crease. It looked nice although you could barley tell the pink was there and I thought I packed it on
hmm.gif

Kat

Expensive pink looks great with woodwinked, or all that glitters.

I also love slip pink for a 'dusty', subtle pink (it was LE but re-released with Technacolour), and living pink (which I think was LE with rebelrock or something unfortunately).

queenofdisaster

im in love with the pro pigment bright fuschia... i wear it with acid orange... to die for... but its kind of bright and dramatic, so i dunno if i helped, lol

liquidsirenhoney

i love bright fuschia piggie with beauty marked...slip pink is nioce too if you use a good base (at least in my case otherwise it doesn't show on me)

charismaticlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycorrea05
What do you mean about the "pink eye" look? I've never herd of that.

I was referring to the way people look with pink eyeshadow on - sometimes certain shades of pink can make people look ill, and I wanted to know how I can avoid that.

glittergoddess27

Hmm I think I know what you are talking about,.. I think that you could avoid that by not putting pink on top and below the eye,.. or if you do want it both above and below,..(I wear it like this all the time), it'll need to be set off by a dark or brightly colored liner,.......if you use the same colored pink all around the eye without anything to break it up then sometimes it looks like you have a puffy pink eye or looks like you have avirus in your eye called "Pink eye". Hope this helps?

BlahWah

I've loved using Budding Beauty e/s or Da Bling!, usually with other colours but do-able by themselves. Budding Beauty was LE, but you may still be able to find it. It's on the bolder side of pink (a clear, blue-pink), but it can be softened with Vex e/s or Pink Opal pigment either under or over it. Another pink is Pink Bronze pigment, which is not as orangey as Expensive Pink, IMO.

Oh, and I try to kill off the pink-eye look by using a cool-toned liner on my eyes to give a break of colour between my eyes and the shadow. Last time I wore Slip Pink e/s I used Violet Underground e/k and loved it!

Btw, I'm NC35, Asian. HTH!

AllINeedIsMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
Recently I've been in the mood for a pink eyeshadow, and although I already own Expensive Pink (I'm NC25, asian), I find it a little orange for my taste and hard to work with on its own. I hear alot of people worrying about the 'pink eye' look when it comes to this particular shade and I was wondering how I can avoid it. Also, it would help if anyone has any suggestions as to what other shades I should get to make Expensive Pink work better on me.

GLEAM or SLIP PINK!

Although I'm a NC 35 I still think it would look awesome on you. It's light, tiny hint of gold glitter, I mean tiny. Here's a picture:

And welcome!!!

Life In Return

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
im in love with the pro pigment bright fuschia... i wear it with acid orange... to die for... but its kind of bright and dramatic, so i dunno if i helped, lol

Just bought bright fuchsia yesterday... I am SO excited about that!
clap.gif

Latest posts