Are E Bay Sample Pigments worth it?

Eemaan

Is it worth pay up to $3/4 on a 1/2 t/spoon of pigment each. just wondering on what you thought on the value for money factor. Ive never used pigment before but am interested in teal, deckchair, melon and maroon.

Thank you oh wise ones
smiles.gif

vicuna1

If you've never used pigments before, then you will be shocked at how little product you use to get the effect you want. That is why 1/4 or 1/2 tsp. at $2.50 or $3.00 is a relatively good buy. That small an amount will last forever! I just use some of the product that sticks to the lid whenever I need to use it.

Jennifer Mcfly

I think they are a great buy. Especially if you've never used pigments or tried a certain color. A tiny bit goes a long way so you'll get a ton of uses out of 1/2 a teaspoon to decide if it's something you want a whole jar of. I bought the samples and love the colors but never use them b/c they are too messy for me (i hate messy stuff) so i'm glad i got a few samples instead of a whole jar.
enjoy whatever you decide!!

Juneplum

i'd say they're worth it especially if u have never used pigments b4 and want to try them out b4 investing int a full jar. like vicuna1 said, u only need a little bit to achieve a look so 1/2 tsp is great for that price!

bluegrassbabe

Look for sets of ten or more pigments on ebay. They tend to go for a little less than individual colors, and shipping is generally less per pigment on them as well.

Eemaan

Thank you, thats really helpful. ive always strayed away from pigments before as they seem so bright and tend to stick to satin and matte e/s for work but i cant resist the teal and maroon pigments no mo
smiles.gif
Thank you

any subtle recs for my nc42 skin would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, you people are great

shygirl

I got my first pigment on ebay about two weeks ago. It was a 1/4 tsp for $3.50 shipped. I gently swiped one side of a q-tip on the inside of the container, and I was truly surprised at how little product I needed. I went for another auction so I can play with more colors. I can't wait until they arrive!

Nicole_20

it's a pretty good price, but it it's really up to you on how much you want to pay for them and how bad you want it. It's a great way to test out new colors before buying the whole jar.

canadiangirl_1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrassbabe
Look for sets of ten or more pigments on ebay. They tend to go for a little less than individual colors, and shipping is generally less per pigment on them as well.

That's the route I went, 10 1/4 tsp samples for $24, I've had the samples for almost a year and they barely even look like they've been used
greengrin.gif
You really don't need much at all!

kradge79

I have about 20 or so pigment samples and I so agree with all the above postings. You use so little, 1/4-1/2 tsp is really the perfect amount. Definitely look for a sale of a bunch, they tend to go cheaper.

Glitziegal

I totally love the sample size pots there are some great sellers on Ebay, some more generous than others.
I only have 2 x Full size pigments in Coco and All Girl. I adore Coco!

Magpie

I got a set of 20 for $61.29 - that included shipping and insurance to the UK. It works out about $3 per sample (incl shipping) and as everyone else has said you really don't use a lot. I'm sure what I have will last me months.

I don't have the money to buy full sized pigments at UK prices unless it's a colour I know I love and would use a lot. Also I prefer having a little pot of many different colours so I can have a different look everyday.

I would definately say it's a good way to test them out.

user4

i want marroon... for that price, its not bad! and a 1/2 tsp will last u a while... when i first started collecting i got 1/4 tsp samples and i still have all of them almost looking untouched. and ive used them a lot!

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

Here are some great sellers that I buy my piggys from:

You can look up these names in the seller section:

fraggersden
got-pigments
mac_mocha

Latest posts