are there bar code printed on eyeliner and shadestick boxes

elaborate

Hi folks,

More help needed here - I bought some eyeliners and shadesticks from a reputed eBayer (makeup_fairy) just before I have sworn off eBay for getting MAC.

After almost a week the eyeliners (eye kohl) and shadesticks arrived. These are my first time ever MAC eyeliners and shadesticks. Before this I had only ever handled them while I was in a MAC shop.

AFAIK the barcodes on boxes for lipsticks, lipgloss, eyeshadow and pigments are on stickers. As these newly arrived eyeliners and shadesticks all got their barcodes PRINTED on their boxes I am getting a bit paranoided.

Could you please shed some lights on me as to whether or not I should find barcodes on these boxes???

Many thanks in advance!!!!!!
elaborate

DaizyDeath

Ive never seen a bar code printed on the box before ive only seen the bar code stickers stuck onto them. But i dont keep my boxes so i cant be shure that their were never bar codes put on the boxes.

Cdjax

Hi! I got out some of my boxes to check, and the shadesticks and eyeliners (as well as lipliners) do have the barcode printed on the box. HTH!

amoona

I know the boxes have bar codes like Cdjax said but they also have sticker bar codes sometimes as well. Like if the stuff was purchased at Bloomingdales or Nordstroms or Macy's then they'll put a sticker bar code. But they'll only put those stickers on the box itself, not on the item.

elaborate

[Update] makeup_fairy might have done a runner. It's been 10 days since I've paid for my most recent auctions, items still haven't appear at my doorstep and he has not reply to any of my emails for the last 15 or so days. I have been contacted by one other specktra member who has also experienced this problem. If you know what is going on please send me a message.