are there fake le palettes?

invadersads

are le palettes (for example the royal assets palettes, or the novel twist palettes, etc) faked? i know that there are lots of fake palettes, but you take one look and know that mac never put it out. so are these le palettes faked like the single shadows and pigments are?

panda0410

Yes - Fafi has fake palettes that are pretty close. The others (Royal Assets etc) are easily spotted.

There are also fake CoC palettes - and these are REALLY close, colour difference, but otherwise the palette looks just like a MAC palette.

I am sure there will be others eventually as well
ssad.gif

panda0410

All the fakes I have seen that actually look like real Mac are quads. The CoC quads are very close so be careful.

The other fake palettes like Royal Assets are horrible multipan palettes - not even close to real - you will easily spot them.

invadersads

ok thanks. i haven't really been searching for quads. mostly looking for palettes like novel twist, royal assets etc. thanks for the info!

Risser

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
All the fakes I have seen that actually look like real Mac are quads. The CoC quads are very close so be careful.

The other fake palettes like Royal Assets are horrible multipan palettes - not even close to real - you will easily spot them.

Shown here are fake royal assets palettes, maybe we can see the different passions of red collection soon.

6322.jpg

6323.jpg

6321.jpg

6325.jpg

6327.jpg

6328.jpg

6320.jpg

6318.jpg

6319.jpg

darkbeauty27

Whoa, a lot of those palettes look like they *could* be real (like the 3 lips ones). The counterfeiters are getting way to intricate and good at this.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Wow those don't look that bad...but WTH is a shadow brush doing in a lip palette?? lol

lol... I was wondering the same thing! I was thinking.. 'hmm, interesting choice for a lip brush, "nice shop"..er, I mean.... MAC'
lol.gif
haha..

but yeah, those are pretty bad. at least the lip duos are LOL

darkbeauty27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki~
Wow those don't look that bad...but WTH is a shadow brush doing in a lip palette?? lol

Ooo...good eye! I didn't even notice that lol.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by airplane_girl
the gold compact even has nice shop printed on the case LOL
th_LMAO.gif

LOL.. i didn't even see that before!

Wow. Normally I feel bad for people who get faked out by real looking counterfeits, but I would not have an ounce of sympathy for the sucker who buys THAT one!
lmao.gif

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeauty27
Whoa, a lot of those palettes look like they *could* be real (like the 3 lips ones). The counterfeiters are getting way to intricate and good at this.

the detail on the lid is very wrong. f you compared it to a pic of a real compact it's easy to spot.