arghh foundation!!x

princess_stacey

so basically im so new to mac and everything

and i need foundation help

my skin is awful to be honest

its a bit greasy, and i get a few spots so wanna cover them up. but when i wear foundation my skin looks dry and flaky if u know what i mean?

my skinis also quite pale

also.. should i use concealer..blusher etc?

thank u so much
xxx

maxcat

First and foremost you need to find a skincare program that works for you - because makeup is no substitute for good skin... and even if your skin is oily you need to moisturize! (makeup won't adhere on dehydrated skin...)... but you have a couple of options.
Matte (a clear gel) will take your shine down, but it's not compatible with all products. However, if you want to use that with a bit of concealer it would give you a natural look.
Next grade up, Select concealer will take red out and give a matte finish. I use it with Face and Body foundation which is a sheer foundation that's buildable and water resistant. It's only available at stand alone MAC stores and not the MAC shops inside department stores like Selfridges.... but if you can get your hands on it it's pretty easy to use and doesn't give the flake problem.
Full monty would be StudioFix. I love it - some hate it - but it gives full matte coverage. A little goes a long way - and you'll want a kabuki brush to buff it out.
Blush? Yeah, if you're pale! Take a look at Well Dressed and Fleur Power. They look great on the apples of cheeks.

.nicole.

I'm pretty similar to use, my forehead is oily by mid day, i have redness in my cheeks and my nose is constantly flaky lol no matter the time of year.

For skin care, I've been using Olay's Regenerist Daily Regenerating Cleanser... it has really small bead types and it has helped a lot with the flakiness on my nose. Then once a week or every other week i use Origins Microdermabrasion product called Modern Friction... My skin has been getting a lot better since I've starte this routine, oh and i use a nothing special moisturizer, just some clean and clear morning burst stuff...

For foundation i love studio fix fluid, you can make it full coverage or sheer its all up to what you need that day, also a good green concealer would help a lot with redness if you have any.

I'm an NW20 which is pretty fair, for blush i use Pinch o Peach, its really soft and sometimes i'll use a little bit of a bronzer on top if its a sunny day out...

Latest posts