Asian-look bride?

Kels823

Okay my friend is getting married in Oct. She has asked me to do her makeup (WOW!). Thats a big thing for me cuz Ive only done like graduation parties, etc. Wedding pictures are permanant.... :confused:

Newho, we are doing a practice session next Thursday. She just texted me and says that she wants to go for an Asian look, she wants to look kinda exotic but not crazy.. She has a darker complexion, slanted eyes (kinda like a chyna doll..) about a NW 47 or 50 and her colors are red and silver. I dont really want to focus too much on the colors in her wedding cuz I dont want her to look like a clown.. but Im looking for ne recs, etc. :thumbsup:

Thanks to you guys so much.. you guys have helped me IMMENSELY.
eyelove.gif

Also gonna hit up the tutorial thread for ideas, etc.

theleopardcake

Hm, i'm assuming she's asian (?) lol. I'm not exactly sure what her ethnicity is, but I gathered some (hopefully helpful) links for what you're looking for:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/bridal/p...=CATEGORY19725

http://community.livejournal.com/asi...y/1068898.html

http://community.livejournal.com/asi...y/1143183.html

http://community.livejournal.com/asi...ty/695207.html

i know some of these aren't exactly for bridal make up, but i hope this just gives you a jist of what looks most flattering on asians.

you should also check out some of the tutorials here by Henna_spirit

hope this helps!

LaJoi

Hi, Kels. Um....I think I have an idea of your friend's features. I'm assuming your friend is Black because of her complexion, but it's so common to see Black women with eyes that look similar to "Asian eyes" -- whether that is because they are in fact mixed with Philippino or Korean...etc. But, then there are some of us that really don't know if that's the case -- our eyes are just almond-shaped, dark, and naturally "slant" (or however you want to describe it...)! I, personally, LOVE my eyes and I love when darker skinned women have such uniquely shaped eyes. All you really have to do is emphasize their natural look! If I don't wear eye makeup, my eyes disappear into the rest of my makeup. But, if the only thing that I use is a little mascara or a smudge of eyeliner (doesn't even have to be black -- just a little brown) on the outer corner of my upper lashes -- voila! -- they instantly pop! I would tell you to make sure her foundation is THE BOMB -- make sure she has a gorgeous glow and the application is flawless. Then, shape up her eyebrows well or have her get them done. Play up her natural eye shape with some shadows that are neutral (maybe in the golden...browns....etc) and apply her liner with a precise hand. From the cheeks, down, you can make everything really natural. Her eyes could be the intense focal point. And because you aren't overdoing it with colors, etc, no one will be like, "Dang! She's got all that going on!" All they will see is her EYES! I had a bridesmaid about a month ago and her skin was darker than the rest of the ladies, and I used studio tech and very bronzy colors and -- WOW -- she was so awesomely beautiful. It was crazy, I shocked myself. But, now, I know that you really can get away with using more product (for the sake of the photography) if you are going to play up what's already there. Can you post a picture of your friend or would you e-mail/PM it to me? Sorry the reply is so long and w/o paragraphs. LOL Let me know if I can help any more.....

Kels823

TLC - Thank you SO MUCH! My friend is black but she just has these awesome asian eyes.. theyre very slanted and cute. But she said that she actually wants her MAKEUP to be Asian, like an Asian theme. She doesnt want it overly done but she wants it to be obvious that shes going for that look. Her wedding dress is kind of like a kimono (I should have said this originally, Im sorry..) and her hair is going to be in a bun, etc. So she wants her makeup to reflect the culture.. But I do appreciate the links!!!!!
greengrin.gif

LaJoi - Thx!!! Yah shes black w/ the slanted eyes (Chyna Doll). Like I said to TLC, I should have clarified that the theme of her wedding is kinda Asian.. not entirely but there are some characteristics. Her wedding dress is along the lines of a Kimono, etc. But I feel you.. play up her EYES and let the rest just be flawless, etc. Thx so much!!

hyperRealGurl

i think its awsome that ur friend wants u to do her MU for her wedding!!!! having seen weddings of personal friends of mine that are Korean... ive mostly seen brn e/s and red lips.. im sure thats not the look ur going for. I think it depends on 1: if u want to dress to be the main focus, or 2: the brides face. u dont have to create a "asian Look" for her she already has the features from what u described its all about playing up the eyes and brining out the shape of the eyes not so much what colors to use. trust me if she has vertically challenged eyes like i do then no matter what u use she is going to have an asian feel to her. all i can sug is using colors that will compliment her

saucipinkbabydoll

how about a smokey cat eye? like brassy as a base ,tempting on lid,amberlights in crease and with ricepaper ,motif or hush used lightly as a hightligt and blacktrack used on waterline and to wing out?
for cheeks foolish me or style
and dubonnet lipstick and cherry lipliner with venetian lustreglass in center
when doing an asian theme it usually consists of a cat eye look to create the look of almond/slanted eyes that asians have.I should know I'm almost half chinese.hope this helps=)

MAC BABY

you should try silverring in the innercorner blending to cranberry. it isnt too much nd id closest to red...

Kels823

Thank you guys so much again... Ive been practicing the looks on myself. Im still very nervous and doubtful but Im trying to be confident. I was thinking about like if I should get long wear lipstick.. I dunno. And I gotta find a base cuz Bamboom prolly wont work on her as it may be too light.. but Im kinda broke so getting a darker paint may set me back.. *sigh* Okay Im gonna step away from this for a day and worry about it again on Tuesday or Wednesday.
smiles.gif
Thx guys.. just thx so much.

Latest posts