AU Colour Story Release Dates

miss_bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambibabe
s.

By the way.. How annoying is that MAC pricing is going up in US.. Do you think MAC Australia will increase the princing in January as well?

I hope not because we already spend so much more but it is likely as we get our products from there. Guess we will just have to see how the economy goes.

sambibabe

I paid $49 Nars lipstick at Mecca, so MAC stuff still works out cheaper. Having said that, other countries sell MAC lipsticks below $30 (UK- AUS$25.40, US-AUS$22, Korea - AUS$25, Hong Kong - AUS$25.10 and Malaysia - AUS$26) and we pay $35? It just seems unfair to me, if MAC Australia decided to increase pricing.

miss_bailey

But Nars is more exspensive in general, its supposed to be a 'luxury' brand not just a high end one like MAC.
But the prices we pay are extreme, I just dont understand it because we have quite a few stores here so its not like the stock is limited. I know we have to pay taxes and such but so do other countries and there prices dont seem as inflated as ours.

Paramnesia

Oh god, nars prices here are just crazy.... I bought orgasm blush for $25US compared to like what, $70AU.

I just feel we're getting ripped off.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramnesia
Oh god, nars prices here are just crazy.... I bought orgasm blush for $25US compared to like what, $70AU.

I just feel we're getting ripped off.

That's what I am talking about!

cassandra-ellen

Yeah, I really want to invest in a nars blush, but i dont know about paying $70 for one. I hate how they push prices up a million times, just cause its australia!

spectrolite

Little Darlings are now in store at Myer Melbourne girls. Metal Urge is set for release on December 1st.

smiles.gif

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrolite
Little Darlings are now in store at Myer Melbourne girls. Metal Urge is set for release on December 1st.

smiles.gif

Did you get any?
graucho.gif

Quote:
Yeah, I really want to invest in a nars blush, but i dont know about paying $70 for one. I hate how they push prices up a million times, just cause its australia!

It is actually $60 at Mecca.. Maybe ask someone to CP it for you from US?

MrsMay

Quote:

smiles.gif

Thank you! I've been looking forward to Metal Urge as I want to pick up all three pigments
mac_haul.gif

spectrolite

Quote:
Did you get any?
graucho.gif

It is actually $60 at Mecca.. Maybe ask someone to CP it for you from US?

No I didn't pick up anything. I have 2 years worth of Holiday pigments and lip glasses that I don't really even use. The pink lips set was really pretty though. It actually feels good to be able to say "No" to something too! I am definitely becoming more selective with my makeup purchases >_<

sambibabe

Quote:
No I didn't pick up anything. I have 2 years worth of Holiday pigments and lip glasses that I don't really even use. The pink lips set was really pretty though. It actually feels good to be able to say "No" to something too! I am definitely becoming more selective with my makeup purchases >_<

Good on you! I bought all three lipglass sets, because they have the colours that I don't normally use (oh well, except a couple) and I am loving the Coral and Pink sets! I have never been fond of those mini pigment jars.. Prefer little sample jars that sit flat on my drawer, so I am planning to transfer them to clear sample pots (go figure).. Now I wonder why the heck I bought the holiday piggie set! lol.

sambibabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
Im guessing since its at myer melb, it should be at chaddy.

Give them a call! I might be going there tomorrow.. If I do, I can check for you.

miss_bailey

I really want to get Coral Lips and the Cool Pigments but I REALLLY dont need new pigments and should be saving money...what to do what to do.

cassandra-ellen

Quote:
Give them a call! I might be going there tomorrow.. If I do, I can check for you.

Thanks. Cant afford it right now (Dammmm) cause heading up to Yarrrawonga for a few days this sunday coming up with some guys. Thankgod petrol is a little cheaperrrrrr!!!!!!!

If you see them, let me know
greengrin.gif

Thanks

myystiqueen

ohhh gee.... i'd love to have 'little darlings' as myy first MAC LE collection... but i just checked 'em out and couldn't seem to find the one i'm going to use... >.<

better saving up some money for the next Hello Kitty collection... hope they're not disappointing....

sambibabe

Haha.. This is why I love coming here! People around me don't understand why I need so much MAC stuff, but here, we just understand our common addiction. I should be saving money too!!

Sorry cassandra-ellen, I ended up going to the city today.. I bought Lovelorn lipstick last week and today I wanted to find something paler. Grabbed the last Plink! and it is similar to Ungaro Pure Rose. So looks like I am going to exchange it with something else next weekend! Oh well, another trip to MAC! Hubby asked how come I wasn't getting any Holiday palettes or brush sets and that's when I noticed the holiday stuff. I had a total focus today and kept myself at the lipstick display. Still, I managed to blow up $200!

cassandra-ellen

Quote:
Haha.. This is why I love coming here! People around me don't understand why I need so much MAC stuff, but here, we just understand our common addiction. I should be saving money too!!

Sorry cassandra-ellen, I ended up going to the city today.. I bought Lovelorn lipstick last week and today I wanted to find something paler. Grabbed the last Plink! and it is similar to Ungaro Pure Rose. So looks like I am going to exchange it with something else next weekend! Oh well, another trip to MAC! Hubby asked how come I wasn't getting any Holiday palettes or brush sets and that's when I noticed the holiday stuff. I had a total focus today and kept myself at the lipstick display. Still, I managed to blow up $200!

NO! Thats perfectly fine!
winks.gif

Its soooo easy to blow $200! But your definatly right about people not understanding. Specktra is my sanctuary. Lol