Australian help

neeshie

Hi!
I'm in the midst of planning a trip to Australia in December and I have to be able to fit in some shopping.
The last place I visit is Sydney and so I've decided to do the bulk of my shopping there.
Is there anything beauty wise that I have to buy while I'm out there - I'm in the UK so anything we don't get here would be great.
Also any recs for non beauty shopping?

TIA

lara

You should have posted this in the Australian subforum, hon.
winks.gif

For shopping in general, you need to walk Oxford St - a huge variety of fashion, beauty and kitchy knick-knackery all along one massive street. King St in Newtown is also great for picking up lots of cute oddities, but is a bit more focused on alternative hipsterdom. Crown St in Surry Hills is also a must-walk, especially to visit Route 66 and Wheels & Dollbaby. The underground parade through the Queen Vic Building is good for picking up beauty finds and funky jewellery, and there's lots of little odd beauty and fashion shops tucked in basements and up stairs all through the city.

I'll take you on a shopping trip
greengrin.gif

neeshie

Thanks,
I'll repost in the Australian bit - i thought it was for mac only- which is why i didn't do it in the first place.

neeshie

Help me plan my Aussie shopping trip!

Hi!
I'm in the midst of planning a trip to Australia in December and I have to be able to fit in some shopping.
The last place I visit is Sydney and so I've decided to do the bulk of my shopping there.
Is there anything beauty wise that I have to buy while I'm out there - I'm in the UK so anything we don't get here would be great.
Also any recs for non beauty shopping?

TIA

docmaria

Be warned: compared to London, the range of makeup in Australia (even Sydney) is miserable.

Australian brands:
Horrifyingly enough, it's easier to find Sue Devitt in the UK than it is in Australia. Napoleon cosmetics isn't terribly special. And I don't think that Becca is widely available in the UK. These are at the two main department stores (Myer and David Jones). Mecca Cosmetica is the Australian equivalent of Space NK with similar brands but even more over-priced. There's a MAC Pro store in Paddington. Oh and have a look at some of the skincare brands including Jurlique.
Some of the low-end brands have some nice items (eg Australis, Face of Australia etc...). These are available at the Priceline stores chain as well as the discount stores (KMart, Target and Big W) and pharmacies. I oohed and aahed a lot when I stepped into Boots and Superdrug but I'm from Perth, and we're relatively more deprived than the Eastern Staters.

Hopefully someone else will be able to guide the rest of your shopping (I loved Oxford Street). Oh and if you're a chocolate biscuit fan, you must try TimTams.
smiles.gif

Latest posts