Authentic MAC Emerald Green Pigment from The Body Needs?

doocaw

I ordered MAC Emerald Green pigment from TheBodyNeeds.com. The color and texture is drastically different from the other EG sample I have, from the Pro store.

Here's a picture - The sample I received from TheBodyNeeds is on the right, the other sample I have from MAC is on the left:

http://img.makeupalley.com/2/5/1/5/1098385.JPG

I sent the picture to Cheryl at TBN, and asked her why the color was different from the other sample I have. Here's the response I received:

"Hi April,

As stated on our website the Emerald Green we are offering is batch #A15

We do note batch numbers if MAC has made a significant change in the color, over time.

The pigment you are comparing it to is a newer batch. You will be able to verify this by checking the batch number.

Thanks for your email!

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Cheryl "

Is it really possible that different batch numbers can be so drastically different? Seems like MAC would have better control over that... Or is theBodyNeeds selling fakes?

Thoughts?

panda0410

Some people will tell you anything.... its clearly FAKE IMHO.... MAC has not reformulated Emerald Green to my knowldege even once.....

I should also tell you that my AUTHENTIC B15 Emerald Green made IN THE SAME MONTH AND YEAR as her supposed A15 batch is IDENTICAL to your pro sample!

NatalieMT

Well my Emerald sample that was only obtained from a Specktra member a couple of months ago, from a new jar, is absolutely identical to the pigment on the left.

Personally I wouldn't buy from TheBodyNeeds. I've heard it's hit or miss as to whether you get authentic samples or not. Apparently some pigments are legit and others aren't, because I don't think they're sourced directly from MAC. You just can't tell until they arrive!

It's true MAC changes colour formulations sometimes but those two colours look are vastly different shades altogether, from what the picture shows. Never seen one like the right before.

Auri85

I ordered empty pigment jars with the boxes (for Back2Mac) from the body needs and 2 were FAKE! I'm talking shiny lids, notches on the box flap in the wrong place and one of the inner plastic lids didn't have Coltainer III (spelling?) written on it. In fact, the lid was completely smooth, no writing. The pigments were Rose and Copperclast.

This link has a picture about the box lids being fake. Helped me to identify the trickier fakes. (Post #12)
http://specktra.net/f257/help-needed...7/#post1340360

KTB

The pigment on the right most definitely isn't Emerald Green - to me it looks more like Golder's Green - if it's an authentic pigment at all.

peacelover18

Most definitely not Emerald Green. If it's real it's either Pastorale or Gilded Green. I would ask for a refund or for her to send you the right color you ordered.

cmonster

its definately not authentic. although mac does change its composition formula once in a while, the colour never varies that much. Its usually a slight change like one is slightly smoother in texture or has a bit more shimmer. The colour itself never really changes

i can't believe it the same thing happened to me with this pigment! i should have read this before
ssad.gif
i'm not going to order from them anymore. maybe i ordered even more fakes but i don't know how to recognize them