Back To Black

marce89

Hey everyone! The look I'm posting today was inspired by Sephora's Extreme Smoky Eye look, for fall 2009.

Look+-+Sephora+Smoky+-.jpg

Here's what I used:

Product+-+Sephora+Look.JPG

Face:
- La Roche Posay Toleraine, Beige Clair
- Natura Viva Polvo Compacto, Beige Medio
- Korres Monoi Oil Bronzing Powder, #02 Sunglow Warm

Eyes:
- Korres Soft Eye Liner Pencil, 1S Black
- MAC Mineralize Eyeshadow, Hot Contrast
- Korres Sunflower and Evening Primrose Eyeshadow, 75S Purple
- Lancome Ellipse Mono Eye Shadow, 02 Songe Argente
- MAC Eyeshadow, Modest Tone
- Korres Provitamin B5 & Rice Bran Mascara, 01 Black

Look+-+Sephora+Smoky+eye.jpg

Lips:
- La Roche Posay Toleraine, Beige Clair
- Korres Cherry Lipgloss, 32 Beige Pink

Look+-+Sephora+Smoky+%2B.jpg

Considering I did it at around 1am with one brush only, I think it turned out OK. Of course you can see how messy it is in the close-up.
lol.gif
Any CC? Let me know what you think!

gildedangel

That is quite dramatic! My only CC is to blend the black out on the edges a bit more so that it is not so harsh. Otherwise I think that you did a great job!

marce89

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
That is quite dramatic! My only CC is to blend the black out on the edges a bit more so that it is not so harsh. Otherwise I think that you did a great job!

Thanks! I know what you mean
greengrin.gif
And don't be so nice, I can find a whole lot more wrong things about the look, LOL!

jennifer.

these are such perfect colors for a nighttime look! my suggestion would be to maybe restrict the black just to the outer lid & your crease and then smoke out the crease just past it to blend into your highlight. other than that, you can't go wrong with these colors!

TISH1124

^^ I agree....I like the colors...But I just personally think there is too much black in the crease...and maybe next time don't take the outer V up so high/wide....

Shadowy Lady

Marce, these are gorgeous colours. I agree with everyone else's CC, the only thing I would add is to leave the black in the outer crease. In the close up it looks like it's coming near your tear duct.

These dark colours make your eyes really pop though, gorgeous. Oh, how are you linking the Korres products?

madnicole

I think your look is gorgeous, and the reason that it looks a little severe may be that you have quite deep set eyes anyway, so the intensity of the black so far above the crease and on the inner 1/3 of the lid (closer to the tearduct) is to further inset your eyes into the socket.
Other than that, I think your blending from light to dark on the lid is great, and intensity is wonderful, but agree with the others that you should blend the black into a highlight so it fades out from black to grey to to skin colour just above the crease.

amyzon

I like it alot! I have a suggestion, should you do a dramatic smokey eye like this again. It's not that it's unwearable to have dark colors that go up this high, but you just have to make sure the shape is flattering to your eye. Your best bet sometimes is to have the top line of your shadow follow the shape of your brow from the point past the arch. I think you did a great job recreating the look!

Ursula

I agree with Amyzon, I think that the shape is what isn't working for you. I'd try a more rounded shape I think. However, if extreme is what you're going for, this is very dramatic on you. I almost think that it would balance better with a very dark lip, but you'd have to try it to see.