Bad ebayers are like hemrroids!

Hilly

Pains in the ass!!!

So I sell on ebay...clothes mostly...I clean out my closet and sell stuff I haven't worn in a while or doesn't fit..or is out of style :yes:

It's not my sole source of income..but I work in non-profit, have a MAC addiction, and like expensive things. So I try to supplement my small salary so I can buy nice things.

Well, why is it that people choose to do Buy It Now, right before the auction is to end and other people are watching it, and then never pay????

I've gotten burned so many times by people doing this. Hell yea I am going to give negative feedback, but big deal, they will create a new account.

I lose out on a sale and lose out on ebay fees. Also, it's a waste of time to have to re-list this shit again.

Why do people do this? Do people get their jollies from this???? WTF
thmbdn.gif

\endrant

MACATTAK

I know...that's really awful! Just make sure to do your NPB through Ebay, and you will at least get your fees back. It sucks! On all my auctions I do immediate payment only because I got sick of people doing that to me. Another thing that sucks is Ebay's feedback system...since people can leave you bad feedback in retaliation. I mean you try to warn others about deadbeats, sellers and buyers and then they can leave you negative feedback in return (even though they chose not to do the right thing)???? NOT FAIR!!!

jenee.sum

urghhhhh dumb ebay ppl!!!
i hate those!!

I highly suggest u to make a rule in BOLD in ur auctions saying that ppl who have under a certain amount of positive feedbacks to msg u prior to bidding, or else u will cancel their bid and leave negative feedback. so even if those ppl create a new account time after time, it won't help them cuz they can't transfer feedbacks right?! and also say that payment is required within 24 hrs of winning the auction. Other than that, I dunno wat else u can do to prevent shit heads like that away from ur auctions.

OooOO and when u have more than 1 person watching ur auction, if they ask u a Q about anything, try to say "Good luck on winning the auction, as there are other ppl watching it! It's a lovely top, shoe, bag, etc." In that case, they know they're not the only one wanting that item, so there's competition. So if there is a Buy It Now option for the item, it may push them to immediately buy it now instead of waiting till the end, and then not paying it.

I don't sell on ebay, but I do buy a lot, and that's just some things I've seen other sellers do to stop fuckheads from bidding on their shit and not paying. HTH!

wolfsong

You can choose the function - whilst making the auction - that stops people without a certain amount of feedback/positive feedback from bidding/buy-it-nowing. I would put a note in the auction that says that bids from those that dont have the stated fb/positive fb will be cancelled, and genuine bidders that are excluded from the auction should message you if they want to bid.
Or you can make it without a buy-it-now fuction and state that people should message you with serious offers, and that you will amend the auction if you accept the offer.

SparklingWaves

I don't sell on eBay, but I have purchased some things. I pay as fast as I can hit the pay button, because I want my stuff sent ASAP. I can't wait for the goodies to show up. I am like a little kid.

Juneplum

hilly u should use the immediate payment option when u list items as buy it now - that way if they don't pay right away, the auction won't end. that's what i do and i've never had any problems!
smiles.gif

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I don't sell on eBay, but I have purchased some things. I pay as fast as I can hit the pay button, because I want my stuff sent ASAP. I can't wait for the goodies to show up. I am like a little kid.

ME TOO!!! LOL I go and check my mail every morning hoping to find a package in there! haha but waiting for ur ebay stuff is a bitch!!! it's like "why can't u come TODAY!?!?"

CantAffordMAC

i don't know why people do it. I always opt to buy it now, because I hate bidding and losing. Its nervewracking. I pay as soon as I confirm the purchase. Whats the point in waiting?? lol the sooner I pay the sooner I get the goods. i'm sorry you have bad experiences. Whats ur ebay username? Maybe you got some things Ill buy.
graucho.gif

elegant-one

I only do they Buy It Nows...I can't stand the bidding either. And, I always pay right away. Why would you click the BIN if you don't intend on paying for it????

Juneplum...you look sooo stunning in you new photo/avatar!

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I only do they Buy It Nows...I can't stand the bidding either. And, I always pay right away. Why would you click the BIN if you don't intend on paying for it????

werd.gif
I agree on all counts.

Juneplum that is a very pretty picture. It looks a lot different from the one you had before.

elegant-one

The lady I buy MAC from all the time (because she is reputable) on Ebay does the immediate payment thing. It is a pain in the butt though if you want to buy more than one item & you want combined shipping.

Just bought MAC lipstick Flutterby from her...hope I love it!

Juneplum

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
werd.gif
I agree on all counts.

Juneplum that is a very pretty picture. It looks a lot different from the one you had before.

thanks lovelies!
th_kiss.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
The lady I buy MAC from all the time (because she is reputable) on Ebay does the immediate payment thing. It is a pain in the butt though if you want to buy more than one item & you want combined shipping.

Just bought MAC lipstick Flutterby from her...hope I love it!

who do you buy from?