Barbie loves MAC Discussion

oddinary

Re: Barbie loves MAC Feb 2007 [images & information]

^ I agree as well, but I'm thinking the green will just be like Lucky Green - it'll be so popular, its going to be hard to find after a while!

dreamqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
Does anyone else think getting the eyeshadows are kinda pointless? It seems that everyone can recreate the Barbie look using some vibrant green and pink eyeshadow of their own. Heck, I could - I just need some already existing vibrant pink e/s or blush did to go with my Golder's Green pigment sample and I save myself the money.

I agree totally. I will skip the shadows, but I want so much else I am glad I feel I can skip the shadows.

roxybc

Does anyone know how much the Barbie doll will be?? I really want it! It will sit next to my Elle Woods Legally Blond Barbie my boyfriend got for me!
greengrin.gif

m4dswine

I will probably get MothBrown e/s, because I haven't found a charcoal grey shadow with the right consistency for me, and this sounds perfect (I like Print but its too matte, and Dark Soul piggie and me aren't really friends). I like the sound of the Sweet and Single lipstick too.

saniyairshad

FASHIONTRIBES 5 MIN. PODCAST. Beloved Barbie to Shill for MAC Cosmetics.

Courtesy of:

http://fashiontribes.typepad.com/main/

(Barbie sells dolls & cosmetics to big girls.)
"If you ask most makeup artists and hairstylists who their first client was, most of them will say it was the Barbie head," James Gager, senior vice president and creative director for MAC Cosmetics Worldwide, recently told WWD about the Barbie Styling Head from the 70s & 80s – a life-sized head & shoulders wonder that permitted endless fun with hair & makeup. "We see Barbie as more than a doll — we see her as a fashion icon, and no one has really looked at Barbie as a vehicle for makeup before."
For spring, MAC has teamed up with Mattel, the manufacturer of the 11.5 inch, 48-year-old, generation-spanning doll, creating both a MAC Barbie retailing for $35, and an accompanying color cosmetics collection. Given that Barbie is a full-fledged lifestyle brand that includes entertainment and even room décor, generating $3.5 billion in retail sales annually – with clothing & the like for adults responsible for a cool $100 million of that – aiming the cosmetics & dolls at big girls makes financial & branding sense. "The Barbie brand has evolved into a true lifestyle brand," says Mattel's senior vice president of marketing, media and entertainment, worldwide, Richard Dickson, noting its availability in chi chi places like Fred Segal, Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom for apparel, boutiques in Japan, Korea and Taiwan, and marketing deals with big players like iPod. Design A-list’ers like Diane von Furstenberg, Anna Sui and Zac Posen have all created ensembles for the doll, and a fragrance was created by Puig, makeup is (surprisingly) unchartered territory. According to MAC's Gager, it gives the grownup customer a chance "to revisit women's fantasies [from their youth] when they wanted to wear makeup and never could." However, the Estée Lauder-owned brand is aiming this line at women in their 20s & 30s, rather than teens & 'tweens. "This is intended to be a very sophisticated makeup collection, designed for adults — not children," says Peter Lichtenthal, general manager of MAC Cosmetics.
The makeup collection includes bright pink, yellows and warm green that flatter a variety of skin tones, with an embossed image of Barbie in the eyeshadow. Ms. Barbie herself will be packaged in hot pink and black. On February 13, the line hits MAC counters, MacCosmetics.com, and BarbieLovesMAC.com, and MAC stores will be kitted out like a Barbie boudoir. As an extremely limited edition – just under 10,000 of the dolls have been produced (one recently showed up illegally on eBay and went for $105) – and the collection is estimated to reach up to $9 million, mostly from sales of the cosmetics: lipstick, lipglass, eyeliners & shadews, liquid liners, shimmers, powders, nail polish, brushes, and a black makeup bag with pink stitching.
This being the age of sexy pirates with kohl-rimmed eyes (Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean) and Jean Paul Gaultier (everyday) makeup for men, is a Ken collection in the works? "We don't doubt that Ken has a future," opines Mattel’s Dickson. (via WWD)

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc
Does anyone know how much the Barbie doll will be?? I really want it! It will sit next to my Elle Woods Legally Blond Barbie my boyfriend got for me!
greengrin.gif

Information from another thread quotes the doll @ 28 pounds/42 Euro. I think it'll be cheaper in North America, but at least we have a ballpark figure.

PrettyinPink

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxybc
greengrin.gif

My SA friend said she'll be $35.00 Available at free-standing stores only. She's a gold label doll, that's one below platinum label Barbie dolls. So she's quite the collectible and not a high collectible price like a lot of the gold and platinum Barbie's!
smiles.gif

Ethel

What are beauty powder and glimmershimmer? How do you wear them? They look pretty in the pictures, but I just don't know what to do with them.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel
What are beauty powder and glimmershimmer? How do you wear them? They look pretty in the pictures, but I just don't know what to do with them.

Basically they're highlighters, tho I've been using my Shell b/p as a blush sometimes, or over another blush to add some blow. I haven't bought a glimmershimmer before, but I think it's the same thing, just in a different form (i.e. cream/liquid).

Janelleleo

Didn't see this just yet. Apologies if you've all already seen this image, it was new to me.

Everything looks beautiful! I love how Barbie is embossed on the shadows and powders
greengrin.gif

barbie3dk2.jpg

KAIA

OK SO I WAS PRETTY BORED today so i decided to make my "Barbie loves MAC" wishlist... then i grabbed my calculator and.... oh my god!!!!
my "total" will be $266.50 .....

coachkitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAIA
OK SO I WAS PRETTY BORED today so i decided to make my "Barbie loves MAC" wishlist... then i grabbed my calculator and.... oh my god!!!!

I did the same thing the other night! I am so looking forward to this collection!

February please come fast!! I want my MAC Barbie stuff now!!
smiles.gif

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAIA

LOL....The other night, I did the same thing, too; 'cept for my total came to $201. It may be reduced when I swatch a couple of the eye shadows I want and find they may not look good on. But I'm leaning towards getting the bag, too, and my total haul may shoot up again! I think the bags will make wonderful gifts for my pre-teen nieces and granddaughter. They're into Barbie. I sure wanted to get a doll, but since the only free standing stores/pro stores are over 300 mi. away, I'll know I won't be able to get one.

ledonatella

I wonder if we get our Pro discount on Barbie? I know we don't for Icon & Christmas but maybe for this since they are counting it as their Spring collection? I hope so!!!

bebs

I guess I'm lucky with this one the only thing I think I want at the moment is the barbie doll and the pink polish and maybe.. maybe the bright pink lipstick if its not to close to one of the ones I already have. so my total wont be more then $60 .. my husbands getting mean and saying I should only buy what I'm really gonna use and trying to talk me out of the doll
ssad.gif

kateisgreat

my wishlist totals about 82 bucks before taxes and not including the doll
is the doll only available to freestanding stores? god i hope not!

CrystalStars

So..are the eyeshadows going to be $14 instead? Since I think since these articles were written the prices of things went up?

Also is there going to be a reveal party for this line? My bf was in the KOP store today and they were talking about people wanting to RSVP?

Latest posts