Bare Canvas or Beige-ing?

AudreyNicole

So I need a good eye shadow base and am torn between Bare Canvas paint and Beige-ing s/s. Can you give me pro and cons to each and let me know which you prefer, please?

Jennifer Mcfly

I really like paints better then shadesticks. But honestly, I really like Untitled paint and Shimmersand shadestick better then Bare Canvas and Beige-ing. they (untitled & shimmersand) both have a little shimmer but not too much and are very neutral. I wear them under everything.
I love untitled paint by itself! it's that pretty!
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
I really like paints better then shadesticks. But honestly, I really like Untitled paint and Shimmersand shadestick better then Bare Canvas and Beige-ing. they (untitled & shimmersand) both have a little shimmer but not too much and are very neutral. I wear them under everything.
I love untitled paint by itself! it's that pretty!
smiles.gif

Oh, I will check out those shades instead! Thanks!

kare31

I agree with Jennifer Mcfly. I also prefer paints to shadesticks. For me, paints are easier to apply and blend, and do not crease during the day. Shadesticks crease on my lids within an hour if i dont use UDPP first.

I also prefer Untitled to Bare Canvas. I have NC20 or NW20 skin (matched to both, go figure) and Untitled gives a bit of a natural shine, while Bare Canvas looked very obvious on my lids.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I used to use Beige-ing and then got turned on to paints. I have since swapped all of my shadesticks. They used to tug on my lids when applying. Bare Canvas works great for me and my shadows stay great with that as a base. Good Luck!

bottleblack

I prefer Beige-ing for longwearingness and for packing on color - it also has a little bit of shimmer that I love, however I've held off on using it lately because shadesticks tend to pull on my eyelids.

Bare Canvas reminds me of putting concealer on my eyes - I use it when I want to give my eyes a break from the shadesticks, but I'm not in love with it. I don't think it helps for longevity at all. I've only swatched UDPP on the back of my hand but it seems like a similar product that would grab and hang onto shadows better.

Jess-ee-ka

bare canvas is easy to use but I find that bright eyeshadows tend to dull overtop of it. Beige-ing is great. i use it almost every day, under just about anything and it really brightens up the eye and brightens any colour you put over top. It will eventually crease but I guess it just depends how oily your eyelids are. I just put a bit of blot powder on my eyelids first and then use the shadestick and everything is beautiful.

Brianne

Bare Canvas is the absolute best for me. I don't find that the shadows lose any vibrancy or anything. I can only do shadesticks if I use them over a paint, as I have very oily eyelids.

bellaetoile

i really think it depends on personal preference. i hate paints with a passion, yet adore shadesticks. i find them SO much easier to work with, and find they enhance the shadow colors better. also, as far as shimmersand vs. beige-ing goes, it depends on your skintone. beige-ing is too light to really be a neutral color on my skin tone, shimmersand works wonderfully. my best advice would be to go to a counter or store if you can, and play around with all of them. it seems people are either shadestick fanatics, or paint fanatics, and it all depends on technique, color preference, etc. people say shadesticks are hard to work with, and tug on the lids, i've never had that problem, i always give my shadestick a 5-10 second blast with a hair dryer before i apply them, then just draw on my lid, and blend with my finger or 242/228 brush. it took a couple attempts to get used to it, but it works great. i hate dealing with paint tubes, and using brushes with them, and also having excess product squeeze out of the tube on accident. but again, its really a personal preference issue..

Nick

I agree with Bellaetoile, except that I generally prefer Paints (Shadesticks crease sooner on me). For my pale skin, Beige-ing is a really good match though. It's similar to Shroom shadow, but more opaque.

FireLily0

I personally like shadesticks more than paints just because I always squeeze out too much and then get it everywhere. I am a neat freak about my makeup and need it looking perfect.... its kinda odd. Also my color always seems to dull out with paints too - I have Bare Canvas and would rather work with my Clinique Touch Tint just because of the colors.

Latest posts