bare canvas vs. other paints as bases

ilovexnerdsx

i alwaysalways use bare canvas as a base. otherwise my makeup creases within about an hour.

i was wondering...if i wore, say, mauvism as a base then a purple shadow over it, would mauvism be a good base too? or would something about the consistency cause it to not be a good base?

are they any paints you'd recommend to not use as a base? :confused:

lara

Pretty much a paint is a paint is a paint, barring minor things like frost or matte finishes.
http://specktra.net/showthread.php?t=49511 - discussion specifically on the difference between Mauvism & Bare Canvas paints.
smiles.gif

FWIW, I use Flammable underneath Swish to create a fabulous eye-popping electric pink. I don't see any difference in lasting power between that and the bone neutrals.
smiles.gif

SARAHluvsMAC

they are all the same in terms of staying power... ocassionally i'll notice the slightest creasing in pixel but that is very rare

scrapbookromance

putting eyeshadows over different colors can change the color payoff too. I always use chartruse (sp?) when doing anything green, shimma for silver/gray smokey looks, cotton candy for anything pink or purple, and bare canvas for anything else. I personally notice no difference in creasing, or lack of creasing heh.

two points to the person who can guess where my paints came from!

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapbookromance
two points to the person who can guess where my paints came from!

What is MAC?

I'll take pigments for $500.00

pugmommy7

I use paints and fluidliners as bases daily, on the off chace that I go baseless it is crease city.
I love bare canvas, but i also tend to match the paint to my es scheme.
however i have heard of some amazing color combos that i would have never thought of by mixing totally different bases and shadows/pigments.
like :
old gold over flammable paint
and
aquadesiac over new weed fluidline

I am 1/2 through a delphic fl from using it as a killer base for my aqua's.
(today)after a crazy hot day with the kids and a nap they are still somewhat intact!no creases!

I use shadesticks too but my fave finish for a base is fl.
i still want to try udpp as well.

liquidsirenhoney

scrapbookromance got her paints form the holiday mini collection...
i love graphito...yes i have bare canvas...but because i use blue, purple and green a lot i like this as a base i don't know why but it makes my colors vibrant and works for the smokey look as well....i have never noticed a difference between this and bare canvas.

Latest posts