Bare Escentuals

Bernadette

Hey ladies! I never use foundation, my skin doesn't require it but I'm interested in purchasing Bare Escentuals to use once in a while. What I want to know is if I need to purchase mineral veil to set the spf foundation. I'm thinking of purchasing this starter kit from Sephora http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P116619&shouldPaginate=true&categ oryId=5737 . Do you guys think that is a good buy or should I just buy the bare minerals foundation and the brush to apply it with. Also, can the skin warmth be used for contouring? Thank you so much in advance!

-Bernadette

mel0622

i def. think the starter kit is a good investment. i didnt get that cuz they didnt have it when i was there (ulta). but getting the starter kit is good because if you dont know what your color is you'll get i think 4 shades and u can mix it to be your perfect shade you get all that other stuff too soo...yeah! lol and yes warmth can be used for contouring.

User34

I got the starter kit awhile ago and I use it everyday. It's worth the money. =)

scrapbookromance

I opted not to get the starter kit and just got the foundation and the brush. I don't find a need to set the foundation. I wear light but when I got just the foundation I got a bigger container of it than what would have been in the starter kit (unless they add up to be the same).

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Hey ladies! I never use foundation, my skin doesn't require it but I'm interested in purchasing Bare Escentuals to use once in a while. What I want to know is if I need to purchase mineral veil to set the spf foundation. I'm thinking of purchasing this starter kit from Sephora http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P116619&shouldPaginate=true&categ oryId=5737 . Do you guys think that is a good buy or should I just buy the bare minerals foundation and the brush to apply it with. Also, can the skin warmth be used for contouring? Thank you so much in advance!

-Bernadette

I bought the starter kit and returned it cuz the colors didn't work and the brushes suck. LOL. So I went to the boutique and bought the stuff separately. I got the foundation and the mineral veil. I love the mineral veil. It sets the makeup so that it doesn't transfer as easily and it helps take away the shine on your face and give you a nice finish to your makeup. I actually use the MAC kabuki for my foundation and it works great. Depending on your complexion, you can use warmth as a contour color.

cletus2894

BE does have one decent brush, IMO, the concealer brush. The other ones shed worse than my sister's dog!!

Jennifer Mcfly

http://www.specktra.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32788

Please check this link. There are over 200 posts from merged threads in the above link about Bare Escentuals.

I use Bare Escentuals in Medium Beige. I started with the kit from Sephora b/c I felt I needed the brushes. However, I never use the mineral veil and rarely use warmth. After testing some other brushes, I will invest in a softer Kabuki brush when I have some extra cash. The BE brushes are a little scratchy except the concealor and heavenly face brush, which is kinda like MAC's 180. Of course, when I run out I will only buy the foundation I need, however if I ever ran out of mineral veil or warmth I probably wouldn't rebuy those.

Bernadette

Thank you so much for all of your advice. I think I am gonna go ahead and buy the MAC kabuki brush and the BE foundation. I will end up spending just over what I would for the BE starter kit but will only have thigns that I will use which sound sliek a better bet. Plus, I really don't want to bother with the BE brushes if they are sucky. Thank you guys so much
fluffy.gif

-b

shamelessmuse

I love, love, love it!! I bought the starter kit about a month and 1/2 ago and didn't look back. I actually like the brushes so far, they haven't shed much on me and they really are built to pick up the product. I really like that it builds so easy, if you want light or heavy coverage. Once you get it down it is so quick to. It covers my circles better than anything else and never looks cakey. I can't say enough about the mineral veil. It really soaks up any oil with out making you look super plastic matte like. It also minimizes my pores a great deal. I get so many compliments on it too! Never do I have to worry about a makeup line, it repairs easy! I cut off my finger tip several weeks ago and shed a few tears...I was able to easily clean up my makeup tear lines with out washing and a hassling re-apply. Can you tell I like it! Oh, and I am almost 30 and I am starting to get wrinkles. It rarely settles in the lines and when it does, just a quick light rub over it - poof all better. Yea, I really can't say enough about it and I was super skeptical!

Jennifer Mcfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Thank you so much for all of your advice. I think I am gonna go ahead and buy the MAC kabuki brush and the BE foundation. I will end up spending just over what I would for the BE starter kit but will only have thigns that I will use which sound sliek a better bet. Plus, I really don't want to bother with the BE brushes if they are sucky. Thank you guys so much
fluffy.gif

-b

Sounds like a good idea. If I could go back that's what I would do. Don't get me wrong, I love other products from BE that I've bought separately (eye shadows, blushes) but after "maturing" if you will, in my makeup knowledge, I would def. get a nicer kabuki brush. The BE one has been fine for me (I've been using it for almost a year with no problems) but after feeling some nicer brushes I would def. love something a little softer
smiles.gif

Either way you go, you can't lose!
greengrin.gif

sarahbeth564

The only things I liked in the starter kit were the foundations themselves, the concelar brush, and the other one (not the kabuki). The kabuki is too harsh on my skin. And warmth is too dark for pale pale me.

Bernadette

So I bought the BE SPF foundation in Fairly Light and MAC's kabuki brush and I'm loving it. The foundation works very well and looks natural and light, just what I wanted. Thank you all os much for your help!

-B

Latest posts