base?

MACaddict08

I use a shadestick for every shadow, but I haven't tried black yet and I was wondering if paint would make the black stay black and longer instead of fading into grey by the end of the school day like it probably would with the shadestick?
smiles.gif
thanks

Christina Victoria

Shadesticks might work, I personally use eyeliner as a base. I draw over my lids with my Powerpoint Eyepencil in Engraved, and then apply my eyeshadow (Almost always smoky eyes). The color stays -black- all day long, and doesn't fade into grey like you're saying. I've heard Nars' Cream Shadow in Zardoz is also good as a base.
smiles.gif

MACaddict08

Ive also thought about using my blitznglitz fluidline but I'm afraid it might be TOO black.. so I'm not sure. I'll probably just try out my shadestick. 8)

xiahe

blitz & glitz fluidline is, as mspixieears said, a very soft black but it also has some gold shimmer. blacktrack fluidline is an intense, matte black. people use fluidline for bases all the time, so maybe you should try using b&g or blacktrack. i LOOOOVE paints and definitely think you should try them. you could try using graphito paint which is a dark smokey gray with shimmer, or using a nude/skin-colored paint such as bare canvas and try that. paints are wonders for my shadows and they don't make them crease or fade.
greengrin.gif

HTH!

kimmy

i use a shadestick for when i use black eyeshadows, and it never creases or fades :] so maybe just try the shadestick and if that doesn't work, then look into oher products.

Latest posts