bases

Caderas

no, this isn't a normal post asking for any base. my lids are extra oily! [awful] and ccb's crease in a heartbeat. is there any suggestions from anyone else with super oily lids on bases? i'm using laura gellar spackle right now on my eyes which actually is only for face, so i'm kinda worried. if i could get opinions on these especially;;

UDPP
paints
shadesticks
benefit lemonaid
l'oreal decrease

any others are greatly appreciated!
greengrin.gif

MiCHiE

I also have oily eyelids. I've had great results with UDPP. I work all day as a manicurist, sometimes sweating and my eyeshadow looks the same at 10pm as it did at 8am. So, thumbs up to that one...

I bought a Paint from my CCO and tried it for the first time a couple days ago. Worked like a charm. Thumbs up, also.

eowyn797

i have way oily lids and the only things that have worked for me are UDPP and ARTDeco (european brand) Eyeshadow Base. shadesticks, ccbs, paints, everything elese creases on me in minutes.

LMcConnell18

what are ccbs? lol if i find out i could probably help...
smiles.gif
i dont want to tell u to use what i am if it is a ccb lol <3

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
I also have oily eyelids. I've had great results with UDPP. I work all day as a manicurist, sometimes sweating and my eyeshadow looks the same at 10pm as it did at 8am. So, thumbs up to that one...

I bought a Paint from my CCO and tried it for the first time a couple days ago. Worked like a charm. Thumbs up, also.

ditto on UDPP AND your es lasting ALL DAY LONG.

I have super oily eyelids and until I discovered UDPP, i could not wear shadow w/o it severly creasing on me.

I use cream color bases (Shell, Pearl, Mid-tone sepia, bronze, etc.) for smooth eye shadow application. But UDPP by itself may be enough of a base for you. You don't have to use the two to stop the creasing. I just prefer using the CCBs as a base. I've also used paints and shadesticks after I've applied the UDPP.

But, I ALWAYS use UDPP -- wouldn't be able to wear ES w/o it.

Caderas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMcConnell18
what are ccbs? lol if i find out i could probably help...
smiles.gif
i dont want to tell u to use what i am if it is a ccb lol <3

CCB's = cream color bases. :]

Hawkeye

CCB's are worthless pieces of crap for primers on the eyelids (yeah im gonna get flack for that but :p
ANYWAY
MAC Paints I swear by them. UDPP Dried out my eyelids horrendously. I just use a very very very small amount of paints, wait a second or so and then I use a wash over it (Like MAC Shroom)and that helps out a lot to not let it crease.

prinzessin784

I have oily eyelids and what I find that really helps is swiping my lids with a toner-soaked cotton pad before applying my base (I use paints) and it works great! It somehow absorbs the oils and since I put the paint on immediately it doesn't have time to crease.

ebonyannette

I prefer UDPP as well, its the only thing that works for me. Paints crease on me too. Sometimes I put them over my base to help brighten my eyeshadow.

Caderas

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeabitch
CCB's are worthless pieces of crap for primers on the eyelids (yeah im gonna get flack for that but :p
ANYWAY
MAC Paints I swear by them. UDPP Dried out my eyelids horrendously. I just use a very very very small amount of paints, wait a second or so and then I use a wash over it (Like MAC Shroom)and that helps out a lot to not let it crease.

ahh! i totally know what you mean about the CCB, i was so excited to use this as a base when i bought mine from the store. the artist actually suggested it to me and said it would work for all eyelids. and i did, which sucked. definetly NOT worth $16.

LatinaRose

I have oily lids and like shadesticks and paints. Shadesticks because they are so easy to apply, paints b/c they last even longer than shadesticks! Mac prep +prime for eyes sucks! Have not tried UDPP yet.

duch3ss25

I have very oily lids and I found that using UDPP then shadestick create crease-less shadows all the day long! I swear by this. I also use CCB's but at extremely small amount and only right below my browbone or very close to lashline. HTH!

amoona

I don't use CCBs on my lids because they do crease I usually use my CCB as a highlight on my cheeks. I used to use Shadesticks but I decided to try paints because of all the rave. I have had a problem with some shadestick colors ... like Shark Skin ... but o Beig-in never gave me a problem. Now I'm using Bare Canvas paint and it works fine, sometimes if I'm using pigments I'll put a thin layer of CCB over the paint.

I did buy UDPP but I wasn't impressed. It doesn't crease but it doesn't hold pigments and it does nothing to intensify color. I just ran out of my UDPP but I'll probably never buy another bottle.

MiCHiE

The only thing I've found that holds pigments and gives you vibrant color is Mixing Medium.