Basic beginner's collection? Recs?

sel00187

Hi,
For xmas this year I would like to buy my mom some MAC mainly their brushes and maybe a lipstick or something. She has NO MAC except for one lipstick. She has the same colouring as me NW15/NW20 with blue eyes and light brown hair. She is 53 and doesnt really wear e/s. I was looking to buy her a few brushes and maybe a lipstick and foundation, which brushes do you think would be a great little starters kit to get her started. Thank you for any suggestions.

MacVirgin

i think a brush set would be great to start with...oh and if you are getting her foundation and a lipstick, a blush would be nice to
smiles.gif

sel00187

thanks for replying
smiles.gif
considering she has no brushes, which would be the best brush set to get? are they of less quality than the normal full sized mac brushes? and are they worth it or should i get her a couple of full sized ones? Thanks

sexypuma

I think you should get the basic and the face brush sets. No need for the eyes one since she doen't wear e/s. I have heard that this year the brushes are of very good quality. I haven't started using my own sets so i can't tell.
As foe lippies, i like the lip varnishes. Nocturnelle, also, has nice wearable shades.

Hawkeye

She only needs 3 brushes.

190 The Foundation Brush
187 The Duo Fibre Brush (for powder/or blush)
194 The Concealer Brush (For concealer or you can also use it as a lip brush)

You can get these in the face palette-I honestly do not like that a whole lot because I'm a stickler about brushes. The full sized ones are a lot easier for me to handle
smiles.gif

If you are going to get her a lipstick get her VGV that will be nice and neutral for everyday wear.

A blush would be Fleur Power-its a nice blush its scary as hell in the pan but its nice and pretty

the foundation-I will be point blank and say I would never wear any MAC foundation. They have always been HORRIBLE on me and everyone i know who has tried their foundations have had poor results. Hopefully that is different with some of the newer foundations!

liquidsirenhoney

i would get the holiday brush set...probably the basic. but if you buy them individually i would say 190, 219 and 266 are my absolute must haves.

sel00187

ive decided im going to get her the 4 face brush set, see how she gets on with that
smiles.gif
thanks for all your rec's about blush, foundation and lip i'll deffo check them out
smiles.gif

Sanne

first, get a browbeat shader for her in the right color. Strong eyebrows can really shape the face in a good way. Get a foundation of choicefor liquid I like studio fix liquid, but a little cheaper is MAXfactor lasting performance, and i love it just as much. For a nice blusher I reccommend buff, just enough for a healthy look without the risk of a 'clown face'.
and get the VGVI lipstick for lipstick, it's a beautiful color that goes with every skin type. For brushes, go for the face brushset. have fun shopping!

Latest posts