Belle Azure or Whim?

BlahWah

I always see these two up on eBay, but almost always at the same time and I can usually only get one or the other. I want a purple like Whim but Belle Azure looks soooo pretty!

Which should I aim to get, in case it's the only one of the two I get? Thanks much in advance!
smiles.gif

rcastel10

I have whim and I don't really like it. I don't have belle azure but I have freshwater and I heard they were practically the same. I would get belle azure.

pumpkincat210

belle azure and freshwater are basically the same.
Do you like the mineralize eye shadows? They are more frosty and sheer than the regulars, but whim is very nice!

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkincat210
belle azure and freshwater are basically the same.
Do you like the mineralize eye shadows? They are more frosty and sheer than the regulars, but whim is very nice!

Okay, so hold on the Belle Azure. I haven't tried any of the mineralize e/s but every time I see Whim I love the colour! And it being frosty and sheer sounds like something I'd like to try...

Ambi

The mineralize shadows are pretty sucky compared to the other MAC shadows though, the staying power is... Disappears in two hours.

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi
The mineralize shadows are pretty sucky compared to the other MAC shadows though, the staying power is... Disappears in two hours.

Wow, really? Even w/ a primer/paint? I usually use UD PP and things stay on fairly well...would this work?

Ambi

I've never used the UD PP but paint wasn't much help, I don't normally have trouble with shadows not showing up or disappearing even though I usually only use foundation and powder as a base, but the mineralizes were a pain in the butt no matter what I did, so I sold them, heh :]

depecher

I have Whim and Freshwater. I despise Whim but LOVE Freshwater. Like others have said, the staying power is awful. I had to wet the shadow to get it to show up. It's blah! Freshwater is sooo beautiful. I would recommend picking up Freshwater and forgetting about Whim.

melozburngr

Whim! you can get freshwater (nearly identical to Belle Azure) any ole' time!
smiles.gif

this is whim dry on left, wet on right

whim.jpg

BlahWah

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
Whim! you can get freshwater (nearly identical to Belle Azure) any ole' time!
smiles.gif

this is whim dry on left, wet on right

whim.jpg

Tempting me with a pic - I'm trying to think w/ my head, not my eyes! *lol* Thanks for the swatches, augh, it looks so pretty! But others have mentioned the horrible staying power it has. Have you had issues with it and if so, how did you deal? Thanks!

melozburngr

dry I'll admit- it does rub off after time, but the wet swatch I had on my hand stayed all night! when it is wet it stays on REALLY well. and its such a pretty color- it has a pretty blue duo to it!
smiles.gif

Latest posts