benefit kabuki vs. mac 182

mzreyes

ok... so i need a kabuki brush.. and immediatly, i thought of mac's 182 brush.. but its $45! are you serious?!! i just bought the 187 and i still think im crazy for doing that! hahah.. anyways... benefit has a brush that looks similar, its call bluff puff, and its only $20... does anyone have this brush? are they comparable? please LMK... thanks!

Summer

I have seen that brush. You can check the reviews on makeupalley.
It has "iffy" reviews.

user79

The 182 is really expensive, but I guarantee you - YOU WON'T REGRET IT!! I use mine every day for blending foundation and it is just stellar. Get the 182, don't settle for less. And you will use it all the time, so it's worth it to get really good quality.

Diskordia

I would say get the Bobbie Brown one. IMO it's the same as the MAC one (and they're owned by the same company anyway) come with a little bag and is much more cheaper!

mzcelaneous

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
The 182 is really expensive, but I guarantee you - YOU WON'T REGRET IT!! I use mine every day for blending foundation and it is just stellar. Get the 182, don't settle for less. And you will use it all the time, so it's worth it to get really good quality.

iagree.gif
totally.

Well worth the money.

Pootle_around

Having bought and used both for some time i'm suprised to say this, but the Benefit one is better. the hairs are more tightly packed and more dense which makes it work better. I use the benefit one mainly for applying mineral foundation and the MAC one for blending my powder blusher into my cheekbones.
I've never ever been a fan of Benefit (have often referred to them as Beneshit) but in this one case they seem to have got it right.

Jennifer Mcfly

i'm one of the only people who isn't thrilled with the mac kabuki. i mean, it is the softest brush ever but it just doesn't apply (mineral) makeup as flawless as i'd hoped for. i always have to go over it with either the mac 180 brush or even the bare excentuals kabuki brush even if it is a little scratchy
ssad.gif

VeronikaJ

Just buy the #182 from MAC, it is truly the most fabulous brush they've made thus far (the 187 a close 2nd) and you will get your money's worth-believe it! Don't settle for a brush that maybe you spend 10 or so bucks less on but you don't like as much and doesn't last as long. And I don't think too many people here know the quality of Benefit when it comes to their brushes... but we can sure speak for MAC brushes!

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Mcfly
i'm one of the only people who isn't thrilled with the mac kabuki. i mean, it is the softest brush ever but it just doesn't apply (mineral) makeup as flawless as i'd hoped for. i always have to go over it with either the mac 180 brush or even the bare excentuals kabuki brush even if it is a little scratchy
ssad.gif

Wow....I love the way it blends my mineral foundation. And, I use a light/medium coverage loose powder. The 182 is awesome, IMO. It's well worth the $$.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥MiCHiE♥
Wow....I love the way it blends my mineral foundation. And, I use a light/medium coverage loose powder. The 182 is awesome, IMO. It's well worth the $$.

Me too, I use the 182 for my mineral foundation and it blends it really beautifully and smoothly.

Glitziegal

Quote:

I totally agree. Go get it now!

shabdebaz

I can't vouch for Benefit's brush, but the #182 is absolutely amazing! It blends powder products like a dream! I know it IS really expensive, but if you use powder/mineral makeup often, think of it as an investment. I use it with my Studio Fix, and it works beautifully with the mineralized powders. To be honest, I bought mine at the MAC sale they have here in Toronto for really cheap last year, for like $8 or something, because I was hesitant of the value of the brush at regular price. But, now that I have it, I can say you won't be disappointed.

Shawna

I'd divorce my husband and marry my 182 if I thought that it would reproduce little baby kabuki brushes
eyelove.gif
Best brush ever. I love the way it applies my mineral foundation, buffs and blends, well, everything. If I manage to get some spare money, I am going to buy another one
smiles.gif

circe221

I just ordered the 182. I have the Bare Escentuals baby kabuki that came with their kit and I hate it. It is scratchy, and not big enough.
Can't wait for my 182!!!

ch33tah

i do believe the 182 is well worth every single penny. hell i think i paid $55 cdn for mine, but i use it every damned day! i wash it once a week and put it back in the container it came in so it retains it's shape and dense-ness.

dont settle for anything less!

baby_love

as a former Benefit employee and a current Mac addict, I must say that the 182 brush is the best Kabuki I've ever used (even though I had some troubles with it at first), and the Bluff Puff feels like a cat is scratching my face. for me, I could NEVER get it clean and it smelled awful, like spoiled milk. seriously. it's just as scratchy as the BE one, if not more plus it shed like CRAZY for me. yes, it is more densly packed and 25 dollars cheeper, but it seriously hurt me to use it because the bristles are like straw. the 182 applies powder, mineral foundation, blush, bronzer, MSFs..anything really, like a dream. and it feels so nice and soft! I usually regret spending any more than 30 dollars on a single m/u item, but I had no regrets with this baby.

wow, I wrote a friggin essay but ya...the 182 is awesome.

circe221

I got my 182 and am LOOOVVVING it!!! It arrived yesterday and I used it today - SO much better than the Bare Minerals baby kabuki I had been using. I had been saving for it for a while and it is well worth it, IMO!!!

duch3ss25

ITA with the 182 brush! it's expensive but totally worth the money. i use mine everyday to buff my studio tech, blush & msf and i have never seen my mu blended flawlessly. i love this brush so much i got another one for my purse for studiofix touch-ups during the day (bye bye puff/sponge)!

MacVirgin

Quote:

I SO agree with you!!!!.. girl if you have to $ go get it!!!. I have 5 kabuki's lol!... i was doing my best to find somethig similar to mac's 182 but i ashure you no other brush compares to it!
clap.gif

Latest posts