Best brush for crease

Shavwi

I deposit color with my 219 and blend with my 217
smiles.gif

kittenluvsmac

The 224 brush because I can create a perfect, airbrushed-looking crease. It's fluffy and gradually tapered with a slightly pointed tip. The trick to using this brush, as the MA showed me, is to pick up the e/s only on the very end tip hairs, then apply the color using a windshield-wiper motion right above your natural crease. Tilting your head back helps, although some people like to look straight ahead into the mirror. Keep in mind that the spot you first place the brush will have the most color, so it's best to first set it right above the horizontal center of the crease. This is a must-have brush IMO. It's offical name is "224 Tapered Blending Brush." Retails for $28 USD

Shavwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisah
i was just wondering...

how do u use the 219 brush for the crease?

It's pencil shaped so it deposits a lot of color and you just kind of draw the color onto teh crease, if that makes any sense.

MissMisah

hmm..so u just take the 219 & draw/deposit the e/s onto the crease? ....and i guess, 'buff' it out to make it look less harsh? sorry to sound so clueless...ive heard of this technique before, but im still trying to visualize it & hopefully try it soon. im used to just dipping the 224 or 217 and putting it on the crease from there
smiles.gif

Midgard

The 219 for applying crease color, the 222 for blending out matte e/s and the 224 for blending out for other e/s in the crease!

Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavwi
I deposit color with my 219 and blend with my 217
smiles.gif

Same. This is the only thing I've found that's precise enough for my limited eye space.

Kristen

I like the 272. I have lidded asian eyes.. so while I have a 'crease,' there's no actual dimension to it. The 224 is too large (as it will get eyeshadow all over the lid area as well), whereas the 219 is too harsh. I pull the 272 across my 'crease' like a liner brush. Then, leaving the brush in the same orientation, I use do short strokes perpendicular to the line to blend it out.

Latest posts