best brush for pigment

charismaticlime

Which eye brush should I use to apply pigments on the eyelid? Also, I'm torn between getting Melon or Pink Bronze, so if you could suggest which I should go for (I'm NC 30, asian) that'd be great.

notmyhand

I just got the 239 last week and it is a dream! I needed a brush specifically for packing on pigments and the MA recommended this one and I'm so glad I got it.

lsperry

Ditto, notmyhand.....I load the brush up w/pigment, then beat it against the lid to remove all excess and apply away....The 239 really works for getting the pigment on the lids and controlling the fallout.

d_flawless

i use the 217...kinda weird but with ez-r (which helps make it really opaque and stay forever), i can blend it as i pack on

Sanne

I love the 239 for dry and wet use, it really packs on the color!!! the 217 for blending in the crease, without any hard lines.
the 224 and the 219 are great too!!!

Glitziegal

I ahve found that the white haired brushes pick up pigments better than some of the others.
I always use a 217, and a 239.

bellaetoile

teh 228 is very underrated. it's super small, so it makes detail work and packing on color really easy. otherwise, and i say this all the time, i could live with just the 239 and the 217 and be perfectly happy. those two brushes are AMAZING.

ez-r or water based mixing medium can help, too.

and i'm an nc42 asian, and i prefer melon over pink bronze. melon just complements my skin better, because it's a true shimmery peach-pink color. the bronze reflects in pink bronze make me look strange.

~LadyLocks~

I use the 242 to pack on the pigment, works like a charm!

Also, I LOVE Melon pigment...definitely one of my favs
th_wink3.gif

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaetoile
teh 228 is very underrated. it's super small, so it makes detail work and packing on color really easy.

I use a non-MAC version of the 228 for pigments, I love this brush too!! It's great because you usually only need a small amount of pig. for the whole eye.

lara

MAC-specific, the 194 Concealer brush. Otherwise any dense, firm-bristled brush will work a treat to really pack on loose product.
smiles.gif

neotrad

Most of the time, I use #242 & #213.
Melon pigment is great because it's more versatile than Pink Bronze in my opinion. It depends on your taste and what kind of look you want to get.
smiles.gif
But I've heard some people having a problem with Melon. It doesn't go smoother or it flakes easily, etc...

charismaticlime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
MAC-specific, the 194 Concealer brush.

I have a 194 brush of my own, but I never would have thought of using it for a pigment. I can't imagine it working that well.

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by charismaticlime
I have a 194 brush of my own, but I never would have thought of using it for a pigment. I can't imagine it working that well.

The best brushes for 'packing' on loose products are narrow-headed, arc-tipped, with densely-packed firm bristles - in other words, a standard emollient concealer brush.

Latest posts