Best brush for shadow?

ruby_soho

I have lots of good little cheap sponge applicator wands for shadow, but I'm buying a big wack of MAC so I want a nice shadow brush too. What brush would you all say is the best all in one brush for shadow and pigment application? I'm going to a counter next week, but I dont want to stand there pondering over brushes for 20 minutes. And I would ponder so a while if I'm dropping $20-30 on a brush :p .

Neophyte

I just PM'd Alexa earlier and asked her. Here's what she said:

I use the 239 or 242 for the lid. 217 for the crease and 213 for the browbone. 266 as my liner brush and 208 for my brows. i also sometimes use my 219 for a more defined crease and the 222/224 to blend everything together

allie02044

my fav. all in one brush is the 239. it picks up lots of shadow... and i can blend with it. its not my fav. all time brush, but if u want one that you can do a lot with, thats what id suggest. :)

Oonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte

I use the 239 or 242 for the lid. 217 for the crease and 213 for the browbone. 266 as my liner brush and 208 for my brows. i also sometimes use my 219 for a more defined crease and the 222/224 to blend everything together

This is a great sum up for me. I just have one question, which brushes are better suited for paints/CCB?

Racergirl

On makeupalley, the best reviews seem to be for the #217 brush. (i dont even HAVE any eyeshadow brushes so really looking to get some too). Alot of reviews mentioned its a good all rounder brush too, if you can't spend too much on separate brushes.

Check out the reviews
smiles.gif
Anyone else here think the same of the #217?

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racergirl
On makeupalley, the best reviews seem to be for the #217 brush. (i dont even HAVE any eyeshadow brushes so really looking to get some too). Alot of reviews mentioned its a good all rounder brush too, if you can't spend too much on separate brushes.

Check out the reviews
smiles.gif
Anyone else here think the same of the #217?

Yep, I <3 my 217 brush.

I use it for the lid, to do a wash all over, and in the crease. It's also great at buffing in pigments on the lid. It can also be used with creams.

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oonie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neophyte

This is a great sum up for me. I just have one question, which brushes are better suited for paints/CCB?

the 242!