Best Exfoliator/Face Scrub?

Katja

For drugstore brand, I like St. Ives Apricot facial scrub.

I also like The Body Shop's Tea Tree oil facial exfoliator. It's gentle, but also refreshes my face while I'm in the shower.

MACtastic

The right scrub would depend on your skin type and how sensitive you are. I'm having trouble finding the perfect scrub too! I'm hoping to check out Biotherm, Shiseido, Bosca, or Caudalie...I hear they're very good lines.

cindysilver4

I like Neutrogena's Deep Clean Gentle Scrub. It has beta hydroxy so it exfoliates with the scrubby bits AND with the acid! Nice smooth skin
smiles.gif

MACtastic

Guess I'm alone in disliking the St. Ives scrub? LOL. I find it a bit too abrasive, like sandpaper or something :p

snackcake

I like St. Ives body scrub, but I don't like the facial scrub as much. I've been using Biore's Pore Minimizing Refining Exfoliater every other day (in the shower) with a cold water rinse, and I love it. I don't know that it dramatically reduces my pore size, really, but it makes my face unbelievably smooth.

Bernadette

Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is awesome. It's very gentle yet effective. I can't live without the stuff. I always order mine off of e-bay where you can find people selling the professional size containers. It's pretty pricey but it lasts forever. The last container I bought ended up being about $65 with shipping but it should last me about nine months to a year. If you go to a salon where they cary it they will probalby give you a sample so you can give it a test run before you spend that much dough on it
winks.gif
I know that the collections salon in fashion valley has it.

Bernadette

I was also going to say that I think St. Ives apricot scrub is way too harsh for the face. I've always read and been told that when you use an exfoliator with large sharpe particles like that on your face it causes microscopic cuts which are breeding grounds for bacteris and bacteria = pimples. Too scary for me!

DOLLface

I really like Olay's Smooth Skin Exfoliating Scrub. It's super gentle and I could tell an immediate difference in my skin the first time I used it.

user79

I like the St. Ives Apricot Scrub as well, but I only use it like once every 10-15 days as it is quite abbrasive. You can get the Gentle one which has rounded beads. The original one works so well though, and I just use a lot of moisturizer after. It gives me really soft glowing skin.

Indigowaters

I still have St. Ives sitting in my drawer. It does feel like sandpaper and imagine getting it into your eyes.
oh.gif
uch:

ebonyannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant is awesome. It's very gentle yet effective. I can't live without the stuff. I always order mine off of e-bay where you can find people selling the professional size containers. It's pretty pricey but it lasts forever. The last container I bought ended up being about $65 with shipping but it should last me about nine months to a year. If you go to a salon where they cary it they will probalby give you a sample so you can give it a test run before you spend that much dough on it
winks.gif
I know that the collections salon in fashion valley has it.

I totally agree! Its the best exfoliator out there, its gently but still gets the job done.

stephbunny

baking soda

have you ever tried baking soda? it's supercheap and if you don't like it then you can stick it in your fridge =P

just mix 1/2 a teaspoon amount with some drops of water or cleanser until you get a pasty consistency...and scrub! the grains are fine, and you can control the abrassiveness. washes off well too. =)

SWEET LUST *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I was also going to say that I think St. Ives apricot scrub is way too harsh for the face. I've always read and been told that when you use an exfoliator with large sharpe particles like that on your face it causes microscopic cuts which are breeding grounds for bacteris and bacteria = pimples. Too scary for me!

same thing i've heard. the apricot scrub are supposed to be apricot seeds, i think? not sure but it does cause scarring. i think you're only supposed to use exfoliators/scrubs with microbeads or ultramarines(sp?). i heard it was best to use lemon juice with lots of sugar in it as an exfoliator.

MACtastic

Sugar is also a bit too harsh for your face. Usually its body scrubs that are made with sugar...I've seen a couple face scrubs made with sugar, but I usually find those to be too abrasive as well.
I've recently discovered an Origins scrub that I really like, its called Swept Away. Its made with jojoba beads and aloe, so its really gentle. I think I may have found a winner
greengrin.gif

User67

I used to love the St. Ives scrub, but then I started using the Queen Helene Mint Julep scrub & I like it so much better! It's more gentle on my skin & leaves it so nice & silky smooth. I actually have a glow to my skin after using it.

Latest posts