Best liner for smokey eyes

HapaDynazty

does mac fluid line work for this??

i tried to use different liners for smokey eye effect they always fade off in the inner corners of my eye.

HapaDynazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by exballerina
Fluidlines don't really spread to give off the 'smokey' effect. Maybe try... Blacktied?

blacktied with just a wet liner brush?? i dotn know i can never do the smokey eye LOL

Wattage

You could give Smolder a try. I like it although it shows up a little blue on me for some reason. It's a black kohl so it's great for smokey eyes. In the event that it does show up blue-ish on you, you can try what I do: Line with Blacktrack Fluidline and follow with Smolder. I then use my 219 to softly blend, or the tip of a sponge.

HTH!
smiles.gif

user79

I use fluidliner in Blacktrack and spread it a bit with a q-tip, then use Carbn e/s on top.

mspixieears

You might want to try Blitz & Glitz fluidline, that would be great for a smoky eye, as it's a softer black because of the microglitter in gold and silver. I love it!

bellaetoile

buried treasure or engraved powerpoint...they're a *slightly* softer formula than the fluidlines, and are easier to smudge out for a smoky eye. i LOVE both of these, and carry them everywhere. plus, they work on the waterline, and last forever! also, to enhance the darkness of them, so to speak, i'll put either black tied or carbon over them with a liner brush sometimes...

jess98765

i suggest the smoulder eye kohl (MAC). the fluidlines don't really give that smugging effect that you create with a smokey eye so wouldn't really use it for that purpose. However if you were to line your waterline as well, to create that extra smokiness, then line that with the fluidline. Otherwise for smudging and blending in with other colours i'd use the eye kohl...
smiles.gif

YvetteJeannine

What about the SoftSparkle Pencil in Nightsky from Sweetiecake collection...? I'm sure you can still get them via website or most counters..Nice and soft for a smokey eye effect w/ a nice touch of sparkle..

joytheobscure

I like the soft sparkle pencil, in nightsky, I've used it for this once for some reason "smoky" eyes scares me, I am afraid I will appear raccoonish as the day goes on but this really lasted all day - I love sparkle.

ollieo

I prefer a smokey look to liner but cannot wear regular pencils because I have hooded eyes. I end up with lines on my upper lid. I can get the fluidline to have a smokey effect. I put it on a with a flat eyeliner brush I have from Sephora. Longer bristles and softer then the Mac version. I do not try to get it "right" and do not worry if it is too thick or not too straight. Then I go over it with a 219 before it has a chance to dry out too much. It gives a great smokey look that will not leave marks on my upper lid. And I notice no difference between the pencil or the fluidline when I do this, except no upper eye lid lines
smiles.gif

shabdebaz

I always line my waterline with Engraved powerpoint pencil, or you could use Graphblack. If black is too harsh for your colouring, a dark brown, deep plum or navy blue will work nicely as well. I then bring the darkest shadow in the look (carbon, shadowy lady, embark, are among my faves) underneath the eyes (outer 2/3) with my #219 pencil brush. This gives a great smokey effect.

Bootyliciousx

Yeah you can use a eyeliner blacktrack fluidine to make the smoker eye more darmatic. You can do a smokey eye without the eyeliner as well.

kimmy

i go with Engraved powerpoint everytime, it smudges really well to give a smoky effect and it stays on extremely well! to give ti a little darker look, maybe add some Carbon e/s or Black Tied e/s over it
winks.gif
HTH!

Latest posts